Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 1st, 2003, 09:36 AM
thulewx

Default Stunning announcement by Mickey Arison!

In a stunning announcement this morning, Mickey Arison said that the previously announced name of Cunard's new-build, "Queen Victoria," was a heinous lie, caused when hackers broke into the corporate internet server. Arison said the actual new name of the Vista-class ship will not be a "Queen" since it is not meant to be a trans-atlantic ocean liner and that the "Queen" names are reserved for that class of ship.
He said he didn't want to publicize the name yet, but because of the pressure, he then proudly announced her REAL name: Princess Costacarnivaliadamwind.
Sponsored Links
Old April 8th, 2003, 09:44 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Stunning announcement by Mickey Arison!

There is an old and, perhaps apocryphal, story about the naming of the original Queen Mary. It is cited in "The Only Way To Cross"... perhaps the best book ever written on the subject of express mail ships.

The story has the President of Cunard Line meeting with King George V... and asking the King for permission to name Cunard's newest and largest liner... after "England's most popular Queen", having in mind, of course, Queen Victoria. George V immediately responded "splendid"... "I'll tell her in the morning"... referring of course to his wife, Queen Mary. That, according to the story, is how the original Queen Mary got her name. I suspect it is time that Cunard redressed the unfortunate incident.

We could do with a "Queen Victoria".

Old November 28th, 2003, 01:35 PM
MARY JOAN LEVIN

Default THE MIRACLE

MR ARISON, WE AT ROYAL TRAVEL PLANNERS, WHO HAVE SUPPORTED CARNIVAL FOR THE PASS 22 YEARS , ARE HAVING DIFFICULTY WITH GROUP RESEVATIONS ON YOU NEW SHIP...I BELIEVE WE ARE NOT GETTING FIRST CLASS TREATMENT... WE HAVE BEEN HOLDING PAID DEPOSTS ON 15 SAILINGS OF THIS SHIP, AND HAVE BEEN THREATENED TO BE SHIFTED AROUND TO DIFFERENT DATES...CAN NOT CHANGE A PASSENGER NAME....AS WE ARE IN BALTIMORE, AND THERE IS BIG PROBLEMS HERE WITH LAYOFFS...

WE APPRECIATE YOU LETTING THE MIRACLE SAIL OUT OF BALTIMORE. WE NEED MORE SHIPS IN OUR PORT...THERE IS A MARKET HERE FOR IT...WE GET CALLS EVERY DAY...FOR DEPARTURES FROM BALTIMORE.....THIS AREA IS A CARNIVAL AREA...

MY GROUP IS T00L69 FOR APRIL 25 AND ANOTHER FOR T541C0-FOR MARTENA
RES....IS BEING THREATENED TO CHANGE OUR DATES, WHICH IS NOT GOOD.
WE HAVE PEOPLE TRAVELING TOGETHER AND TIMES TAKEN OFF FROM WORK.

WE NEED MORE RESPECT.....WE CAN NOT CHANGE DATES ON OUR SAILINGS.
PLEASE LET ME HEAR FROM YOU.....MARY JOAN LEVIN
Old November 28th, 2003, 01:35 PM
MARY JOAN LEVIN

Default THE MIRACLE

MR ARISON, WE AT ROYAL TRAVEL PLANNERS, WHO HAVE SUPPORTED CARNIVAL FOR THE PASS 22 YEARS , ARE HAVING DIFFICULTY WITH GROUP RESEVATIONS ON YOU NEW SHIP...I BELIEVE WE ARE NOT GETTING FIRST CLASS TREATMENT... WE HAVE BEEN HOLDING PAID DEPOSTS ON 15 SAILINGS OF THIS SHIP, AND HAVE BEEN THREATENED TO BE SHIFTED AROUND TO DIFFERENT DATES...CAN NOT CHANGE A PASSENGER NAME....AS WE ARE IN BALTIMORE, AND THERE IS BIG PROBLEMS HERE WITH LAYOFFS...

WE APPRECIATE YOU LETTING THE MIRACLE SAIL OUT OF BALTIMORE. WE NEED MORE SHIPS IN OUR PORT...THERE IS A MARKET HERE FOR IT...WE GET CALLS EVERY DAY...FOR DEPARTURES FROM BALTIMORE.....THIS AREA IS A CARNIVAL AREA...

MY GROUP IS T00L69 FOR APRIL 25 AND ANOTHER FOR T541C0-FOR MARTENA
RES....IS BEING THREATENED TO CHANGE OUR DATES, WHICH IS NOT GOOD.
WE HAVE PEOPLE TRAVELING TOGETHER AND TIMES TAKEN OFF FROM WORK.

WE NEED MORE RESPECT.....WE CAN NOT CHANGE DATES ON OUR SAILINGS.
PLEASE LET ME HEAR FROM YOU.....MARY JOAN LEVIN