Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 15th, 2003, 10:50 PM
Mike Sullivan

Default Dress attire for dinners

My mom is freaking out because we are booked for a return cruise from the UK to New York and we will be in Europe for two weeks prior to our sailing time. This makes packing very difficult. We are a family of five and my mom is wondering what exactly she could get by with for the formal dinners at night and she is also wondering what is appropriate attire for her 3 teenage kids.
Sponsored Links
Old May 16th, 2003, 07:23 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Dress attire for dinners

Mike:

I just returned from the Bermuda cruise. Formal nights were dark suit and tie or tux. I'd say that about half were in tuxedos. Women wore a wider range of outfits. My wife wore long gowns because she wanted to (we went all out). She was one of only a few who did. Many women wore nice dresses/cocktail outfits. We saw very few kids. A couple of teenagers in the Britannia Grill were in Sunday dress. Coat and tie for boys, nice dress for girls. Informal nights are just sports jacket and tie for men, and cute dresses/pantsuits for women. You'll probably have 3-4 formal nights (the eastbound crossing right after our cruise listed 4 of 6 nights as formal). Hope this helps.

Steve
Old May 16th, 2003, 08:06 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Dress attire for dinners

A friend of mine had the same quandry last year. We had two weeks in London prior to our week on the QE2. She packed a separate bag with four dinner dresses (formal). We also went again last week, and she brought only three.

Teenagers also wear formal, tuxs or dark suits for the guys and dresses for the gasl. no slacks for the gals. Sports jackets, ties, and khakis for the guys are a Big NO on formal nights.