Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 23rd, 2003, 08:49 AM
Frank Beachem

Default Thanks Marc !!!!!

Marc Thompson:

Just wanted to say THANKS, and I really appreciate all the advice you have provided me (and others here) regarding the magnificent QE2. You gave me very sound advice on what to expect on my recent cruise, as far as weather, attire, dining and room choice. You were quite helpful in providing an "orientation".

We had a great cruise from NY to Southampton, stopping over in Cherbourg, France, with a day-trip to the Normandy beaches.

Have to admit the Cunard service was impeccable. We enjoyed our Caronia cabin and dining, with very attentive wait-staff, and took in several fascinating programs and presentations on explorers (including polar exhibitions, round-the-world sailing and an ex-Concorde pilot). Had fun with the Shuffleboard and Tennis, and visited several of the on-board pubs and clubs. Saw some great comedy acts too.

Only down-side I could see was that the beds were a bit too short; not well-designed for anyone over 6'. Also, the internet connection from their Computer Room was agonizingly slow, particularly for the $1 per minute fee. But these issues were very minor in the grand scheme of it all. Hopefully will travel on her again in the future, or one of her upcoming "sisters".

Thanks again for all your help :-)

Best Regards,
Frank Beachem
Sponsored Links
Old May 23rd, 2003, 01:00 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Thanks Marc !!!!!

I am glad you had a good time! I enjoyed the May 4th cruise to Bermuda, and was already booked on the 9/19 UK to USA crossing, but had so much fun in May, that I booked the December UK to USA crossing also!

I am 6'3" and use to short beds, but for some reason, I slept better in my inside "M" cabin this time than I did in my larger outside C cabins on past trips.

My favorite QE2 activity is sitting by the windows and watching the ocean as we glide through it , and a before-dinner drink in the Chart Room while listening to the piano.

Oh what the heck! Everything on the QE2 is my favorite actvity!

Marc in Washington, DC
Old July 18th, 2003, 10:31 AM
K. Brandstad

Default Re: Re: Thanks Marc !!!!!

Hi Marc

My husband and I are also booked on the december 2003 crossing. We are really looking forward to it.

My husband is 6'5" and I am concerned about the length of beds. I do hope that our M class cabin will be ok. Would hate to have to deal with a cranky, over-tired husband for six days!

See you in december!
Kyla in Canada
Old July 18th, 2003, 11:38 AM
Passenger

Default Who wants to sleep on the QE2???

Beds... I am 6'3" and the beds never bothered me. In fact, I slept very soundly in my interior M cabin in May. I guess I am use to short beds?

Anyhow, who wants to spend their time sleeping on the QE2 when you could be watching the sunrise over the horizon on the Atlantic (which in December will be around 8 am some mornings!) And who wants to go to bed when one could be roaming the decks seeing what is happening in the Queen's Room (will Kahn Lowe still be reading his cue cards between songs?), the dancing in the Yacht Club, the midnight supper in the Lido, the windy outside decks under the starlite nights, observing the little groupings of passengers having their late night drinks, etc!!!!
Old July 23rd, 2003, 03:52 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Who wants to sleep on the QE2???

Marc,

Nicely summed up!!!!! It's those sorts of things that make being at sea so very different.

But then again, there is something I like about being in the cabin at night.

There's the gentle rock of the ship - the sound of the wind rushing past the port hole(s) - the sound of creaks. And you drift off into a wonderful sleep - and when you wake up - it's still there and (hopefully) another great day on board QE2.

Pete :o)