Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 20th, 2004, 08:37 PM
Passenger

Default Now.. If I wanted to eat in the Britannia Restaurant...

Now, if I wanted to eat in the Britannia Restaurant, what accomodations would I request? You must be very descriptive here; I am new to the Queen Mary (didn't see her til a few days ago).

I know this isn't like way back when on Lusitannia or Titanic you were first, second, or third class and that's it; that's where you ate, that's where you stayed.

I just want to know what accomodations I'd need to request to be able to eat in the Britannia restaurant.

Thanks,
John
Sponsored Links
Old January 20th, 2004, 08:52 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Now.. If I wanted to eat in the Britannia Restaurant...

Or for that matter.... does it really matter, or could I eat where I want?
Old January 29th, 2004, 06:10 AM
Passenger

bstaples is nearly spot on.
Cat P dine in Princess Grill
Cat Q dine in Queens Grill

The seating in the Grill dining rooms is not really open. You are assigned a table and unless you request a move, you stay on that table for the duration.

The Queens Grill lounge is only open to Cat Q guests
The Queens Grill Terrace and bar are only open to Cat Q guests.

All other dining venues on the ship are alternative dining venues that you are WELL ADVISED to book well in advance. On the Maiden voyage we did not get a chance to use the alternative dining venues because the Britannia dining was under so much pressure that those passengers in Britannia were given preference to dine in the alternative venues.

Pete :o)
Old January 29th, 2004, 08:16 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Now.. If I wanted to eat in the Britannia Restaurant

Hi Pete,
Thanks for the clarification. However now I have another question for you. Do you have to make a reservation for the King's Court (Carvery, Lotus,etc.) in the eveing? We booked a D3 and are in the Britannia dining room and we might want to eat at one of the King's court venues. Are we going to have touble getting a reservation? I've heard that you need to book early to get into Todd English restaurant, so we are planning on doing that right after we board. Also is it true that for disembarkation if you can handle your luggage you can leave the ship when you want? We have made our own flight arrangements and transportation. I just couldn't justify the Cunard transfer at $20.00per person when a Cab ride to the airport is on $5.00 Any advise you can share with us?
We sailing in 2 days, so I'm getting sooo excited.
Thanks,
Bruce
Old January 29th, 2004, 10:25 AM
Passenger

You have to book the evening dining venues in advance. Book as soon as you can. You'll have to beg, barter and plead to get your reservations in the Lotus and Carvery etc Very popular venues.

Re. Disembarkation. Yes, If you can carry your own luggage then you can do so -PROVIDED - that you can prove that you are limited to a few bags that are carryable and that you get a special Disembarkation card from the Purser's desk. Get it a day or two before disembarking.

You can disembark as soon as they annouce it. The ship has to be cleared for disembarkation first which can take an hour or so.

Have a GREAT time!!!! We did. She's a wonderful ship with lots of nice crew on board.

Pete
Old January 30th, 2004, 02:09 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Now.. If I wanted to eat in the Britannia Restau

Bruce is the cab fare only 5.00. It was more the last time we were there
Have a fun time and come back with loads of stories.