Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 26th, 2004, 05:42 PM
tiderunner

Default entertainment QM2

have seen very little on evening entertainment in the theater--singer and comedian mentioned but what about dance reviews, ect. on a nightly basis?
Sponsored Links
Old January 27th, 2004, 06:48 PM
tiderunner

Default Re: entertainment QM2

I am curious about Bingo (don't play), Talent Show (don't sing), Fun and Game Shows,...some of the things so many people enjoy...would these people be looked at as being on the wrong ship. tiderunners hubby
Old January 28th, 2004, 07:26 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: entertainment QM2

Tide Runner,
From past cruises with Cunard I would say YES. Very few fun/game shows. i can't recall playing bingo. If you are a high energy person who enjoys being entertained around the pool alot I would reccomend that you consider another cruise lines. Cunard tends to be 'somewhat' low key. There are very few announcements compared to other cruises. The last time I was on the QE2 the only time we had announcements was at noon during sea days to give us the latest weather information. I remember we sailed for 12 days and when we reached Acapulco we picked up passengers for the 3 day trip up to L A, what a group they were. Obviously there were expecting something complete different. I remember a couple of them wanted to start some pool games with others, but of course nobody would listen to them and they were asked by an office to keep the noise down....
I know Cunard is hoping to attract a yonger crowd on the QM2 so this may change. I am sailing on her this weekend. I'll let you know when I return in a couple weeks.
I hope this helps,
Bruce
Old January 29th, 2004, 03:29 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to rayo
Default Re: entertainment QM2

Our crossing last year on the QE2 from Southampton to New York had lots of entertainment of allsorts. There was Bingo, a talent contest and trivia quizzes, and announcements to let us know that these were starting; didn't notice any game shows though. This was in addition to the usual talks, films, shows, scarf folding, Sound of Music singalong etc.. Maybe the entertainment is different on a transatlantic crossing as they have to keep you entertained for all those sea days. Not much going on outside apart from deck games, even though the weather was yery pleasant.

Perhaps someone will give an answer for the QM2 when they return.

rayo