Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 9th, 2004, 12:51 AM
Ulrike

Default travel companion

Hello,
I am looking for a German speaking travel companion/s for my mother. Is there someone that will travel on QM2 from Southhampton to New York in either April and May and plans to return to Europe in June, July or August? My mother speaks very little english (actually none). Since she can not travel by air anymore, this is the only means of her coming to visit.
Sponsored Links
Old February 9th, 2004, 04:21 AM
Noel and Carole

Default Re: travel companion

Hello Ulrika, when we were on board there were quite a few German speaking passengers, and I'm sure the pursers office on board would help. There is an assistant purser called Thomas who we found to be very helpful. He could help your mother contact some of them while she is on board, and if she is dining in the Britannia Restaurant she could ask to be seated at a table with other German speaking passengers. Some people on board are extremely helpful.
Noel and Carole Maiden Voyage passengers
Old February 12th, 2004, 12:38 PM
Ulrike

Default Re: Re: travel companion

Thank you Noel and Carole for your information. It is good to know that there are nice and helpful people on board. However, I am looking for a more confirmed travel companion. One that would share the cabin with her and that she could spend time with as she is getting older. I still hope that I will win the lottery until then so that I could take that trip back and forth myself :-)
Old February 13th, 2004, 08:52 PM
First Mate

Default Re: travel companion

Ulrike - looking for a "more confirmed" travel companion would, I believe, incur much investigation and expense - FOR YOUR ACCOUNT.

I think you're really asking for 'commitment' to your Mother. People agree to 'share' to avoid the 'single supplement' but are in no way obliged, or should be expected, to 'look after' a roommate.

I've personally experienced your problem and know it's not an easy one to solve. Of necessity on one crossing I agreed to 'share' - my 'cabin sharer' was a terror - because she had boarded before me, she had 'staked her claim' on all available drawer, closet and bathroom shelf space - I got what she didn't need or want!

I would not wish to have my Mother so treated.

Able to speak for myself, I was fortunate to engineer a transfer to an empty cabin and enjoyed a wonderful crossing.

Think carefully, very carefully, on Noel and Carole's advice!.