Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 10th, 2004, 10:23 AM
Momo

Default Dinner Seating on QM2

Could anyone tell me is it difficult to get seating for 2 in the Britannia Dining Room (late seating). After booking the 5/10/03 trip, she said she can put in a request but cannot confirm and that I need to do that on board. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old February 10th, 2004, 10:45 AM
Thulewx

Default Re: Dinner Seating on QM2

There are quite a few 2-tables but to make sure, as soon as you get on board, find the Maitre'D (David) and request one (beg) - it may take a meal or two, if it's possible at all.
Also make reservations for Todd English, Lotus, and the other specialyt restaurants (if they interest you) as soon as humanly possible. Lotus is exceptional, and so is Todd English, for lunch or dinner.
Old February 10th, 2004, 12:57 PM
Momo

Thanks Thulewx - I think i'll have to book early boarding just to cover all of this!
Old February 11th, 2004, 02:28 AM
Passenger

hi guys
can you let me who was the dining room manager
Old February 12th, 2004, 12:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Dinner Seating on QM2

Hi,
Just returned from the Maiden Caribbean Voyage. No touble at all getting a table for 2. We saw a lot of empty tables at the second seating. We requested a table for 2 and recieved a table for 4 but no one else was seated with us. There were about 20 tables like this around us. Our waiter was Ramones (table 309) excellent!!!!!! Request his section if possible. Valerie Cooper was the supervisor in this section and she really worked hard to make sure we were satisfied. The first night the food portions were so small we laughted. Ramones asked if there was a problems, when we told him the portion size was too small he immediately got Valerie. She told us that she would take care of it. Everying improved from that moment on. Valerie also worked in the King's Court during breakfast and lunch. When ever she saw us she always had a staff member clear a table by the window for us. I cannot say enough wonderful things about her. I don't think you will have any problems. We were seated on the 3rd level towards the back of the dining room. A table for 4 beside us was completely empty and several table for 4 had only 2 people at them.

Could anyone tell me is it difficult to get seating for 2 in the Britannia Dining Room (late seating). After booking the 5/10/03 trip, she said she can put in a request but cannot confirm and that I need to do that on board. Thanks.
Old February 12th, 2004, 04:40 PM
Judgie

You shouldn't haven any trouble sitting where you want in Brittania regardless of what table they assign to you. After the first night of the Maiden Caribbean Voyage I never saw Brittania filled as many people ate in the King's Court many nights so they wouldn't have to wait 2 hours to finish dinner and also so they'd get a full meal.
Old February 13th, 2004, 08:51 AM
Cruise Maniac

Judgie,
Did you have trouble in the Britannia? Our service was excellent. Everything went smoothly, We were always out of the dinnig room by 10pm. We requested larger portions and it wasn't a problem.
Bruce
Old February 19th, 2004, 12:41 PM
barton

My wife and I are booked on the March 16 cruise. This is Caribbean cruise that goes to Cartagena, Colombia; Colon, Panama and three other ports. I have been reading everybody's comments about the seating in the Britannia. We have taken several cruises and we would rather be with other people, instead of being by ourselves. It is not that we do not enjoy each other company; but it is nice to seat with other people, share experiences, and get to know them a little bit. For this trip we have requested a table for six or eight.

According to the brochure, there is only one "black night". I hope, I will be fine with a dark suit, since I do not own a tux, and I am not planning to rent one either. I would only wear a tux, if the queen herself was going to show up. Little chance since she already went to the launching affair!

Also, what about shore excursions. Has anyone here taken them already? We are planninfg to take the Cartagena and the Panama excursions that Cunard is offering.
Any comments, suggestions, etc?

Thank you
GB
Old February 19th, 2004, 01:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

There will be no problem getting a table for 4 or 6 there are lots of them. I don't recall seeing alot of tables for 8. Most tables are 4's & 6's. There are very few round tables available most are rectangular tables for 4 or 6. Don't think I ever saw the dining room full.
Old February 20th, 2004, 10:43 PM
First Mate

Re your Cartagena tour - stick close, very close, to your group! It's not the safest place in the world. The tours are interesting and you're tempted to stray - don't do it.

On our last cruise which visited Cartagena we were seated for dinner with people who had worked and lived there for several years. Of course they were interested in seeing the 'old house' etc. Guess what! - they were back on board almost within the hour.... We stayed on board and enjoyed the ship.

Old February 22nd, 2004, 12:57 PM
barton

Thank you Suki for the information about shore excursions. I know Cartagena is a very historical place, one of the oldest colonial cities in America. We will take the Cunard excursion, and definitely will stay with our group. Think will we do the same in Panama.