Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 13th, 2004, 07:24 PM
First Mate

Default Elevators on QM2

Have any of you 'experienced' QM2 *smile* travellers sussed out which, if any, elevators take you to all decks? Located on Decks 5 or 6 somewhere in the 5(6)137-5183 (6198) area, do you turn left or right on leaving the cabin enroute to the Britannia dining room?

Will you share your knowhow, please?

Old February 14th, 2004, 09:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Elevators on QM2

There are 4 main banks of elevators which stop on all floors. They are in A, B, C & D stairwells. They are easily identified by the decor. Each one has the same carpet but in a different colour pattern. There are 2 glass elevator located int the grand lobby, these only stop at 2 deck, 3 deck and 7 deck in the centre of the Kings Court. On deck 7 all teh way forward just behind the bridge wings you will find 2 outside glass elevators to access deck 11. These outside glass elevators are also used to access the royal suites.
The D elevator/stairwell will take you to the back of the britannia restaurant. The B & C elevators/stairwell's will take you to the main lobby and the front entrance to the britannia restaurant. As soon as I have my cruise photos I'll post them for you.
Old February 15th, 2004, 08:01 AM
thulewx

True - it's NOT like the QE2 and their cryptic mystery elevators-to-nowhere. Several of the elevators don't go to the 13th deck, some don't go to 12, but they all (except atrium) go to all the main decks, and there are plenty - this ship had one of the shortest elevator waits of any I've been on, except for high-use days, like disembarkation. On those days it's usually best to use A or D stairwell, IMHO. My only problem with them was that I could never remember whether to turn left or right after leaving the car. ;-)
Grand ship and I loved it....
Old February 15th, 2004, 12:39 PM
First Mate

Tks. Bstaples :-) - Seems QM2 deck plans are more accurate than most. I look forward to your photographs.

YouÕre so right, thulewx, took me 4 days to work out the QE2Õs set up! - even then, like you, I invariably turned the wrong way ;-)

Apologies! - mispelled your name Bstaples - corrected now - I do look forward to your pictures!

Post Edited (02-15-04 21:40)
Old February 16th, 2004, 07:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

Suki,
I've just posted some of the photos. I must apologize many of them didn't turn out proberly. I guess I used the wrong film.
Bruce