Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 19th, 2004, 07:27 PM
Rlarasom

Default QM2 vs Cunard???

We have tried to find some answers about upcoming caribbean cruise. Tried asking people at Cunard and that was a waste of time. They have to be the worst cruise line on earth as far as knowing what's going. First in early Jan I called to make sure you did not need a passport for caribbean, they said no. Now I get my tickets and guess what. It said and oh yes you must have one. Now that's going to cost an extra 120 bucks for a quickie.
Tried to find out where the captains ball was held. Is it one of the formal nights? Is everyone invited? When I signed up with cruise company I asked for early seating. The tickets don't say. Cunard didn';t know.I sure hope things go better on the ship.
Sponsored Links
Old February 20th, 2004, 10:58 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: QM2 vs Cunard???

As far as getting answers to your questions I usually contact the Cunard World club to get the right answers.(1 800 7 Cunard) and follow the prompts. If they ask for your membership number just tell them you don't have it. The staff at the general reservation number do not have the answers. Mostly they make it up as they go. I've never trusted anything they have said. I've found the staff at the world club desk genrally have the correct information.

The captains ball is on the first formal night. It takes place in the Queen's Room on deck 2 aft behind the Britannia restaurant. Everyone will be invited, the times are posted in the daily program. There will be 2 parties, one for the early seating guests and a later one for the second seating.

Early or late seating in the dinning room is requested when you made your reservations. The table seatings (2,4, 6) are requests only, you should have this information in your ticket booklet. There is so many tables in the Britannia and you can always enjoy one of the alternative restaurants in the evening. I wouldn't worry about it.
You will need to have passport because of the port you will be visiting. Cunard must have this information before they will issue your tickets.
Old February 20th, 2004, 12:33 PM
Rlarasom

Default Re: QM2 vs Cunard???

Thanks for the help but I have tickets and did not send any passport info as I don't have it yet.
Old February 20th, 2004, 11:10 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: QM2 vs Cunard???

RELAX........................all will be made clear...................you're going on vacation so try to go with the flow.........................pack according to information that has/will come with your documents.............. where something will be held will be spelled out in your daily newsletter/program..................make sure you read it!..................if that's not clear, call the Front Desk.............................................. ......you'll have a wonderful time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

Old February 20th, 2004, 11:35 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: QM2 vs Cunard???

I guess Cunard has changed thier policy. Our tickets were not sent to us until after we sent our registration form with passport number.