Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 11th, 2004, 08:07 PM
merodach baladan

Default compensation for misrepresentation

Do any of you booked for the QM2's B4-B7 cabins feel we might be entitled for some sort of uniform compensation? When I saw a photo of a B4 (not on a Cunard site) I was stunned and thought there must be some mistake. Over the past number of weeks I've tried repeatedly to get information out of the Cunard customer service people @ various aspects of the rooms and onboard facilities and I honestly believe they know nothing more than we do w/our brochures. We are a family, not wealthy, truly onceinalifetime, etc. and to find this kind of disregard for factual informed representation makes me sad and bitter. We are thrilled to be able to make the trip at all but I thank God I found out before we embarked that what we thought we booked and what we actually booked bear little resemblance one to another. Also, the charges for the Todd English-how can they change policy in the middle of a year? It just seems wrong and it does indeed make me feel second class.
Do any of you believe there might be some benefit in starting a petition requesting compensation, if only for a shipboard credit of a small reasonable amount or the right to the TE restaurant as it was advertised? Might we band together not in a spiteful way but in a calm collected manner request a method of easing our feelings?
That said-there is an excellent photographic gallery for QM2 at WWW.passengershipparade.com
Sponsored Links
Old March 18th, 2004, 11:58 AM
paulras

Default Re: compensation for misrepresentation

I'm booked in B6 for Nov. 26 and am disappointed by the misrepresentation of the Premium Balcony cabins on the Cunard website. The Accomodations page and the Photo Gallery kept referring to the Deluxe and Premium Balconies as if they were the same with only a picture of the Deluxe (or "real" balcony). My assumption was that the difference was simply location. I sent an email to Cunard about a month ago but never got a response. However, the Accomodations Page was updated and now is more confusing and just as misleading. The picture is the Deluxe (better) cabin and the verbiage states the following:

Deluxe Balcony Staterooms offer 248 sq. ft. and Premium Balcony Staterooms offer 269 sq. ft. including a panoramic hull balcony with loungers and tables. King-size bed may be converted to twins and a dual height coffee table may be used for in-suite dining. Thoughtful amenities include robes with matching slippers, a hairdryer, refrigerator, sage, data port, direct dial phone, nightly turndown service and 24 hour room service, and an interactive TV system.

This makes the Premium balcony sound better than the Deluxe. It's bigger, has loungers and tables and has a "panoramic" balcony. Of course, because of this board, I know that the "panoramic hull balcony" really just means an extra room built into the hull with a small open-air window. And "panoramic" is really misleading - I still can't figure out what they mean by it if all I've read is that you have to stand up and stick your head out of the window to see outside

I'd be willing to complain some more to Cunard about these cabins with or without any compensation - I hate when companies mislead like this. As far as Todd English - I don't have a big problem with them charging a fee. I was actually assuming there would be a fee. And I'm sure somewhere Cunard disclosed that services, etc. are subject to change. From what I understand Cunard was getting a ton of reservations for Todd English which is why they set up the fee and enacted a one night limit on eating there. Maybe they're getting money-hungry, but they probably should have started to resolve the situation by enforcing a limit before charging the fee. But again, that's not really my beef with Cunard.
Old March 18th, 2004, 07:11 PM
merodach baladan

Default Re: compensation for misrepresentation

You have a valid point concerning the "subject to change" disclaimer-I haven't looked for it but I'm sure you are correct in believing there is one. I also agree that complaints don't necessarily have to have the ulterior motive of compensation as basically what the complaints are founded in is the disregard, intentional or otherwise, for principle and the disappontment, material and emotional, that disregard results in for the crosser or cruiser. That said, I personally would really like some sort of compensation-even if it were only an apology from the line for its oversights in advertising! At least to have it acknowledged that things were not done as professionally and honourably as they ought to have been.