CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Cunard (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cunard/)
-   -   captain warwick or Captain Wright (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cunard/213238-captain-warwick-captain-wright.html)

Roscoe March 12th, 2004 03:43 PM

captain warwick or Captain Wright

have just read the qm2 review site...im a bit confused, I thought the captain of the QM2 was Captain Warwick, when was he superceded by Paul Wright...?

kroozlover March 12th, 2004 04:06 PM

Re: captain warwick or Captain Wright

My understanding is that Commodore Warwick left the vessel for a well deserved holiday on March 6. While not certain, it is my belief that he will be back on duty by the time the QM2 sails for New York.

Suki March 12th, 2004 07:22 PM

I'm as confused as you on this................Does anyone have any answers???????????

Roscoe March 13th, 2004 03:50 PM

thanks...the way the www.qm2 review reads you would think that captain wright used to be the in charge of the qe2...................which was not my experience.

Thulewx March 14th, 2004 08:04 AM

Commodore Warwick is on vacation, and should be back around the 6th of April. Capt. Wright is #2 aboard the vessel when Commodore Warwick is on board, and acting#1, while he's gone...

Suki March 14th, 2004 07:12 PM

Re: Re: captain warwick or Captain Wright

Thank you Thulewx - that makes sense! Commodore Warwick has earned a break after all the hype - he'll come back refreshed and ready for for more of the same.

CruisePal March 18th, 2004 07:17 AM

Captain Wright is in charge until the Commodore's return. In fact there are three other senior officer's who attended the Captains parties and all had four bars on their shoulders. So you know, some of Captain's you'll see onboard are actually Captain's attached to the Royal Navy etc., We saw Captain Wright running around the QM2 everyday. He's about the most personable Captain I've ever met onboard a ship.

Thulewx March 22nd, 2004 04:30 AM

Commodore is a higher rank than Captain. Commodore Warwick is the Senior Officer in Carnival Corporation, sort-of Commander of the Fleet.... Hard to tell when he'll back on the QM2, may depend on where they are at the projected return date...

mike (and jon) March 23rd, 2004 04:07 PM

Re: Re: captain warwick or Captain Wright

commodore warwick was also recently appointed to that rank in anticipation of his new command of qm2...and we understand rightfully so.
captain wright, on the 3/6 sailing (his first in command on qm2) was MOST gracious and personable. yes, he did have command of qe2 as did the commodore. on our 3/6 sailing, he was particularly "sharp" in remembering names (called myself and my partner by first name every time he saw us), delightful on his reports from the bridge, and available in his many jaunts throughout the ship to have a short chat. it's obvious that cunard, in both the commodore and the captain, picked great guys who will bring many positive attributes (and comments by passengers and crew alike) to this new grand lady! if you read, captain wright, thanks for being so nice and we hope to stay in touch with both you and commodore warwick...and of course kim. mike and jon

captain Wright March 29th, 2004 05:31 PM

Re: Re: Re: captain warwick or Captain Wright

Thank you Mike and Jon
Now you know there is one Captain who reads these posts!!
Just to clear up issues - Commodore Warwick returns on April 12th until May 24th. I am then back until Aug 3rd. We basically will be doing 6 months each on the QM2 during the year but the periods of duty will vary.
Best wishes and look forward to seeing you back
Captain Paul Wright

metpet March 30th, 2004 06:51 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: captain warwick or Captain Wright

You will be the Captain on our cruise to Norway on July 11th. Looking forward to Journeying with you!

Craig March 30th, 2004 02:38 PM

I was on the QE2 under Capt. Wright's command on the SOU-NYC voyage that was over Sept. 11th 2001.

He, and his crew handled everything beatifully, professionally and appropriately.

I have a pic somewhere of Capt. Wright overseeing the docking of the QE2 from the flybridge at Boston harbor at the end of that voyage.

Craig

Roscoe March 30th, 2004 06:35 PM

hey Im impressed capt wright is reading the board....thanks...we are booked on the sept 11 crossing from southampton and hoping to acknowldge the titanic site as we cross.....I wonder how close the the lat and long. we pass....any ideas...?

captain Wright April 1st, 2004 08:20 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: captain warwick or Captain Wright

Hi Roscoe
I dont think I am on that crossing but it will very much depend on prevailing weather patterns at the time how close you will get to the Titanic Site. Both Commodore Warwick and myself like to pass over direct position if at all possible.
All the best for your crossing
Captain Wright

Roscoe April 2nd, 2004 05:35 PM

Thanks Cptn Wright.....was very impressed that the QE2 had such a number of books about her in the library on board so am looking forward to having one at hand on the QM2 as we follow the same route...approx anyway...and it would be great if there is some announcement if we get close to the site...will save me continually checking our position!!!!!! ..Dont care what the reviews here are saying..am looking forward to it with great anticipation with either if you in charge!

Anne Campbell April 6th, 2004 11:13 AM

We are honored to have you on CruiseMates' message boards, Captain.
Please keep giving us your valuable opinions and observations!

Anne Campbell
Editor
CruiseMates

metpet April 6th, 2004 01:01 PM

Captain Wright, looks like you will be the Captain on the Fjords trip in July. What do you anticipate the weather to be like on this trip? Will we be sailing into the fjords or just stopping at the ports?

Dennis Butcher April 9th, 2004 01:56 AM

Well I`m looking forward for this April 16th voyage and can`t wait. If any of you was reading post from me in yahoo groups and look at my profile, well I haven`t updated since 1997 because I rarely use yahoo for e-mails or posts. On my profile it says I`m 17 but now I`m 24 going on 25 on April 13th two times as I fly out of Tokyo,Japan that evening and when I arrive in Honolulu,Hawaii the morning of the 13th which I`ll stay for two days before heading out to Southampton, England. I will also bring with me some old postcards that I`ve collected of the RMS Mauretania, RMS Lusitania, RMS Olympic and the first RMS Queen Mary. As you can tell I`m ocean liner fan and can`t wait for my first transatlantic voyage, it`s a dream come true!!

Dennis Butcher
stateroom 6010

Fred & Susan Tordoff January 21st, 2005 11:52 PM

Re: Captain Wright

Thank You for your gracious hospitallity and making my parents/in laws cruise so enjoyable and memorable.
They are looking forward to their next cruise.

Cheers Sue and Fred