Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 23rd, 2004, 03:56 AM
Beginner

Default Travel & Leisure Magazine

I just received the April issue of Travel & Leisure with the article about the QM2. I am interested in any comments from those of you who have already sailed and read the article.

Ken Thomas

Post Edited (03-23-04 02:59)
Sponsored Links
Old March 23rd, 2004, 01:21 PM
paulras

Default Re: Travel & Leisure Magazine

I haven't been on QM2 yet (Nov. 26) but the article talked down about the experience. It didn't seem to say the experience was aweful, but that it didn't meet the expectations that Cunard had set for the public.

I've hated seeing the term "Carnivalization" used on these boards about the QM2, but I think the writer came pretty close to using it.

Hopefully Cunard will catch on about the fixable mistakes that the article and these boards have identified - like food and service.
Old March 24th, 2004, 07:24 AM
jdell

I went to go find T & L and Barnes and Noble did not have the new issue (shocking). I did however, pick up the April issue of Conde Nast Traveler which also had a review. It was fairly positive, but some of the flaws from the maiden voyage were definitely pointed out.
Old March 24th, 2004, 04:54 PM
paulras

You can read the review at www.travelandleisure.com
Old March 30th, 2004, 07:48 PM
Passenger

My wife and I were on the 3/6 sailing. Having read some of the prior postings, I was a little concerned about how this cruise would compare with others we had been on. I need not have worried - we both thoroughly enjoyed the cruise. I can only assume that the reported early rough spots in service and food had been smoothed out by the time we sailed. I enjoyed the decor of the ship and spent many hours looking at the varied paintings, sculptures, etc (including the touches of whimsy - e.g., Homer Simpson in the large North America bronze mural on Deck 2 near the Grand Lobby).
I believe that the ship will continue to generate interest and attract a loyal following over the next several years.