CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Cunard (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cunard/)
-   -   Poor Cunard Service (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cunard/213262-poor-cunard-service.html)

Raewyn March 27th, 2004 11:12 PM

Poor Cunard Service

First time cruiser having booked passage on Westbound QM2 June 05 2004. Arranged through WLCL in Sydney (which is the front for Carnival, Cunard, Seabourne etc) in Oct 2003. So far have have been totally appalled with the unprofessional and generally poor service.

Without too much detail, so far Statements haven't been sent when payments made, Emails go unanswered "we don't respond to Email" up to 45 minutes on hold (no exaggeration) misspelled my name (despite it being written on the Booking Form), now I have been informed the Booking form is lost.

That upset I wrote to both the Asia Pacific Manager.....(who didn't bother to respond) and CEO of Carnival, who forwarded it back to the Customer relations section in Australia. All the problems were put down to a new computer system (how convenient!!) and the "unexpected response" to the QM2. (I would have thought that launching the largest passenger ship in the world, you would expect nothing less)

I just hope the QM2 lives up to all the hype.........because Cunard/Carnival has a lot of work to do to if they ever want my business again.

Anyone care to reassure me????

Tom (and James) March 27th, 2004 11:52 PM

Re: Poor Cunard Service

These people have a great deal to answer for!

CruisePal March 28th, 2004 12:40 AM

We had some of the same problems in booking here in the US. Yes, they should had more staff available in the booking and response divisions of the company and no doubt, the phrase, Can You Wait? takes on a whole new meaning. However, once your on the ship whatever hassle you have experienced is definately worth the wait. Don't despair as you only have a few months to go to experience something really great!

jon March 28th, 2004 05:28 AM

I have found that it can be impossible to get through to Cunard UK on the phone recently.

One of the most basic rules of customer service/sales is that every unanswered call is a lost sale so Cunard is only hurting themselves by this.

I personally try to avoid companies that do not answer their phones as it shows one of a number of things,amogst others:

a) They are incompetent (as lots of people are calling to complain)
b) They have planned things poorly (expect uncertain service)
c) They are cutting corners to maximise profits (expect bad service and poor quality generally)
d) They are in financial trouble

Each of these is a reason to avoid a company or you could be throwing your money away for nothing.

Jon

Suki March 28th, 2004 03:02 PM

Raewyn:

Have you tried FAXing? .........to the 'head honcho' of course - and then e-mail a copy of the FAX to everyone else you can think of, locally and elsewhere.

You know what they say about squeeky wheels!!!!!!!!!!!

mary3645 April 6th, 2004 08:59 AM

I just wanted to say that I have found it very easy to contact a Cunard rep. We have placed numerous calls for assitance and have spoken with someone who took care of all of our needs.

I have also sent various emails to Cunard through their website and have found they have answered these emails within two days.

Anne Campbell April 6th, 2004 11:16 AM

Hi.....generally cruise lines don't communicate with passengers via email but rather their toll free phone.

EH April 6th, 2004 06:09 PM

It's a simple thing- but it's worked for me more than once. I have the phone in my hand ready to dial when they open their phone lines at 9:00 a.m. and I've gotten right through.

ROXTEACHER April 6th, 2004 08:16 PM

Do any of you use a travel agent? My cruise on the QE2 to Bermuda last year was a breeze, mostly because my travel agent at AAA handled everything. Just a thought.

Raewyn April 7th, 2004 01:28 AM

Update on this posting.............

Thanks to the advice from a member of this forum, who kindly supplied contact details for a senior Cunard Customer Relations officer, I have since recieved a sincere apology and an offer of financial compensation in the form of an "on board credit".

All my documentation was expedited and arrived by express delivery. It appears some members of the Australian operation at WLCL have had some attitude adjustment.

So my faith has been restored................Now looking forward to my voyage on the QM2.

Thanks to all for your interest.