Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 13th, 2004, 07:37 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default QM 2 cat. B3 deck 8 obstructed view balcony

Hi,

Can anyone who has already sailed on the QM 2 and had the fortune or misfortune of staying in cat. B3 cabins on deck 8 please share with me your thoughts on this cabin layout.

A group of us ( 5 couples) have been upgraded to this obstructed view balcony category.

I am very much interested in the positives and negatives of this. I understand the lifeboats are hanging off the balconies which cause the obstruction in this category of B 3 .

Thankyou in advance for any light you may shed on this.

Peg
Sponsored Links
Old April 13th, 2004, 05:29 PM
J.P. Evans

Default Re: QM 2 cat. B3 deck 8 obstructed view balcony

I too just got upgraded to a B3 cabin. I couldn't be more happier. I booked the lowest inside cabin. This is a huge upgrade. I feel lucky that I'm going to have a balcony. I'm sure you'll beable to see some water. If you were originally booked in a inside cabin, I wouldn't use the term "misfortune". It's a "good thing. BTW I'm on the April 25th sailing.

J.P. Evans
Old April 13th, 2004, 08:44 PM
EH

When do you find out if you've been upgraded? How soon before the departure date?
Thanks-
Old April 13th, 2004, 10:14 PM
J.P. Evans

Default Re: Re: QM 2 cat. B3 deck 8 obstructed view balcony

When I received my documents I noticed my cabin # was different then when I booked. I'm not sure why I got an upgrade? I've never sailed with Cunard before. It could be I booked the tandem crossing almost 2 years ago and paid not much less than full fare. Sometimes Lines will sell lower cabins at a discount and passengers who paid more will get an upgrade.

J.P.
Old April 13th, 2004, 10:21 PM
EDITHE

We found out about our upgrade while checking in the QE2 in January.