Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 16th, 2004, 09:35 PM
MR_P&O

Default CUNARD CHATTERS!!!

HI all Cunard Foke,
I was wondering if we can have more ppl who have traveled on a cunard ship to come and join in on the chat page, i feel like i'm the only one inn their who loves cunard ships, So if you could come and join in that would be great, Also dose anyone rember Andrew a Crusie director on the QE2?
Sponsored Links
Old April 16th, 2004, 10:20 PM
Joal

Default Re: CUNARD CHATTERS!!!

We just came back from the March 16 cruise on the QM2, and are now booked on the QE2

Iberian Summer on Sept. 4. This was our first time with Cunard . We had a great time on the QM2, and we hope to enjoy the QE2 as well. Of course the QE2 is probably very different, but we are going with an open mind.
Old April 26th, 2004, 05:39 AM
Chris qe2.cjb.net

It is good that you go with an open mind. QE2 is less "glitzy" then QM2, she is older, more regal and very very special.

When are you booked aboard QE2, because she goes into refit on May 2 and this should result in her looking better then ever when she returns!!
Old April 27th, 2004, 10:26 AM
Kate1055

I'm going on the May 10th QM2 cruise and it's my first cruise. I'm doing more stressing than anything. Don't know if I'll have the right clothes, I'm older than the man I'm going with so I'm wondering how uncomfortable I will feel around all these younger women. I'm just hoping I enjoy it because I'm in desperate need of a vacation. Any suggestions for first timers?
Old April 27th, 2004, 11:14 AM
Passenger

Don't worry about a thing! You'll be great!! I've been on 5 cruises and still pack and unpack 10 times. Try to have two or three really dressy items even if they are not floor length. more dressy but not glittery dinner wear and traditionally one "never dresses first night out" -- a skirt and top should do. I will have a skirt top and nice jacket on.
ALso, the last night is usually more casual as we will have had to pack up our suitcases to set outside our doors for the porters by 10PM or so, so again I will have a skirt top and jacket on. I usually wear to dinner the clothes in which I will disembark the following morning. Makes it simpler.

That being said...... I have heard word around that lots of Cunard Enthusiasts are dressing formal EVERY NIGHT!!! I could -- but only if they want to see the same outfit every night!

More later, have to run!
Old April 27th, 2004, 11:33 AM
Passenger

My college roommate and I cruise together every 5th year for our birthdays, and since this year is a landmark birthday for each of us, we went for the "whole hog" as they say and choice the QM2. We are so psyched for this, especially with all the media coverage and hype the last few weeks. Don't stress -- enjoy the excitement! This will be an adventure like no other! We get days of sailing (my favorite part) and then some nice days in port to poke around, enjoy the sun, do a little shopping.

We cruise a differernt ship each time so we always get to our cabin, hang up our dresses, and then seet out on a walking adventure on the ship so we get a fast good feel for where the different rooms are -- makes finding dinner and cocktails the first evening easier and more effecient. We pick a bar and a table and designate them as "ours" for the cruise. Here he have a predinner cocktail. It helps establish a place of familiarity in a vast unfamiliar place. You and your friend are welcome to join us some night if you are looking for a friendly (not younger woman!!!) face!

And I don't think you have to worry about younger women. I hear the average age is about 70 years old.

So, my advise before 10 May:
1. Coordinate your ensembles at home first (dress-shoes-jewlery), lay them all out so you know you have everything you need for each ensemble,
2. Write the ensembles down on a 3x5 card -- so when you are in your cabin you can pull our the items quickly and don't waste anytime wondering why you brought the pink shoes,
3. Pack as light as you can by then not taking things you don't need,
4. Take your seasick pill in advance of getting to the pier, and expect a magnificent time.

It has been my experience on the better ship lines that you come off relaxed and feeling like a princess. There is no better vacation when you really "need" a vacation!