Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 17th, 2004, 08:17 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default See-thru vs hull sided balconies on QM2

We are sailing on the QM2 in Feb. , We are on Deck 6, the balconies are hull sided, (Cannot see thru, you have to look over the railing) we can upgrade to Deck 11 which have Glass sided balconies for an additional $550, is this worth it? Has anyone been on the ship to tell me their opinion?

Thanks

Post Edited (04-17-04 07:17)
Sponsored Links
Old April 17th, 2004, 11:46 AM
Joal

Default Re: See-thru vs hull sided balconies on QM2

We were on the QM2 March 16 cruise. Our cabin 5096 on the 5th deck had the hull balcony. Unless you spend a lot of time in the balcony, for me the extra money ( I understand it is $550 per person) would not be worth it. The opening in the hull is large,
and it allows enough light inside the cabin . The balconies are also large with two deck chairs and a small table. I only went out there when the ship was arriving in the different ports just to see the view, etc. On the other hand, the promenade on deck 7 is great with plenty of comfortable lounges. We do not spend much time in the cabin, and I prefer being out with other people,as opposed to being alone in the balcony. However, that is a matter of personal preference. Whatever you decide to do, I am sure you will be happy with the cabin. They are rather large and comfortable. If you have any other questions, I will be happy to answer.

We had such a good time, that we decided to book in the QE2 for the Sep. 2004 Iberian Summer cruise.
Old April 18th, 2004, 08:07 AM
Cruise Maniac

Actually it is about $540 total for the cabin to upgrade, but thanks for your imput, Still deciding on what to do.

Old April 19th, 2004, 09:09 AM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Again Joal,

Can you tell me if the QM2 has coke or pepsi products onboard?

Thanks,
Old April 19th, 2004, 05:24 PM
Joal

Adamken: With regard to the availability of Coke or Pepsi on board, neither my wife or I have soft drinks on a regular basis. We had none during the cruise!. However, I am almost positive they have them. You might want to check with Cunard. The upgrade for
$540 total sounds good.
Old May 1st, 2004, 03:05 AM
Jean and Ken

We were in 5067 for the April 19 crossing and did not spend much time on the balcony due to the weather. The hull balcony is fine for a crossing, or if you don't spend much time in cabin, as we always seem to be out and about. If you are going to the Caribbean and like to relax in the cabin, you might want to consider the upgrade, otherwise you will definitely see enough ocean from the decks. I am sure the view would be nice, but we also prefer the lower decks for a rough crossing, which were certainly more stable than higher.