Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 1st, 2004, 05:01 PM
Keith + Lesley

Default QM2 + QE2 Historic Tandem Eastbound

Hi all

Just returned from QM2 today - bit disappointed with service on board and also the criteria for upgrades but thats another story.
Historic voyage with lots of pomp and ceremony.
Both ships came very close together Friday 30th April for photoshoot off Cornish coast. RAF Hawk and Nimrod in attendance - very impressive.
Photos have been posted at http://tinyurl.com/2coql

Keith + lesley
Sponsored Links
Old May 4th, 2004, 09:30 AM
Myles

Default Re: QM2 + QE2 Historic Tandem Eastbound

Hi Keith & Lesley,
would be interested to hear of the criteria for upgrades!!! my bug bear is people who have booked for the first time and get one and all us regular passengers dont!!!!! fair enough its not something that should be expected !!!! but ..........
iv been on QE2 nine times always in a single grade and have never been touched by the upgrade fairy!!!! off again in Oct for the med on QE2 and got everything crossed!!!! booked away back in January as well.
Actually spoke with the scottish sales manager for cunard on the QM2 during the preview tour on 11th Jan and voiced my opinion to him on the subject on upgrades and was surprised by his reply!!!! seemingly now that all the ticketing etc is handled my cunard in america, it seems that their system doesnt recognise past passengers and therefore on the system you are just a name!!! he agreed and said it was very unfair!! but america rules as he said!!! at least in the southampton days of ticketing they were more generous to the loyal passengers.
cheers
Myles
(legs and arms crossed waiting for the upgrade fairy to touch me!!!!)