Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 19th, 2004, 08:10 AM
Passenger

Default QM2 shops

I think the discussion about the QM2 souvenir store may have overstated the place's inventory. When I visited it (the first day at sea), the only T-shirts they had (Fruit of the Loom brand with QM2 emblem, $20) were in size XXL. The store carried nothing for children. I bought the last deck of QM2 cards (very nice). The store also carried some pricey golf shirts beautiful leather QM2 photo albums ($$$), QM2 coffee mugs, and various trinkets with the QM2 logo. Whenever it was open, the store was mobbed and, at most, there were only two clerks on duty, and so there were almost always long lines winding through the store. By the second day, the store had run out of all but one size of bags. There were some Harrods promotional items in the store too, but nothing approaching a "Harrods at sea."

The other shops are ultra high end--a perfume store, a Hermes boutique, I think one or two others. I heard that shoplifting is a problem.

I appreciate the fact that Cunard doesn't go overboard with the promotional stuff --this isn't a Disney druise, after all. I would have been satisfied with a few high-quality items as mementoes of our wonderful trip. I'm sure they'll be there in time.
Sponsored Links
Old May 19th, 2004, 09:04 AM
Passenger

Default Re: QM2 shops

I was really hoping to buy a beautiful lightweight jacket withthe QM2 logo on board. Do you think there's a chance?
Old May 19th, 2004, 11:04 AM
Doris C.

Very nice description of the shops. Thank you for enlightening us.
Old May 19th, 2004, 12:20 PM
Passenger

They had jackets, medium weight I would have called them. Beautiful sweatshirts and things. Beautiful crystal and things. They wasted their time with the other jewlery (H.Stern, Chopard) and clothing stores (Hermes) they put on.

Everyone wanted QM2 items. I managed to pick up a "Inaugural Caribbean 2004" hat the first day. But those items sold very very fast. There was very little in the $1.00 to $15.00 range for gifts. Another mistake. They ran out of stock of items well before the last two days at sea -- so shop early in the cruise!!!

Check out the Bookstore next to the LIbrary on Deck 12. Fantastic postcards, stationery, books and posters.

QM2 definitely needs a larger area for their gift store to accompodate 2600 people.
Old May 19th, 2004, 12:27 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: QM2 shops

The only jackets with QM2 logo I recall seeing were of the warm-up variety. That could change, as the store seemed poorly stocked for my trip.

One corner of the store sold clothing without the QM2 logo.

On a related subject, a wine that we like sold for $12 per bottle LESS on the Brittania wine list than it does here at home.
Old May 19th, 2004, 01:46 PM
Passenger

Thanks for the info!