Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 24th, 2004, 10:39 AM
John Bean

Default QM2 in 2005

I booked the July 2, 2005 cruise to nowhere on the QM2. It is a major expense for me and probably the only time I will ever be on the QM2. A once in a lifetime that I am really looking forward to.

I am concerned that I have made the right choice. Yesterday a friend told me that QM2 was high on the list for food poisonings and that the buffet meal restaurants were not cleaned up, food on the floor etc.

I 'd like to hear from anyone who has been on board. Should I keep my dream or should I cancel?
Sponsored Links
Old June 24th, 2004, 11:02 AM
Passenger

Default Re: QM2 in 2005

Where did your freind get this information from? I would want to investigate it before reaching a conclusion.

Two years ago, a tablemate on the QE2 told horror story upon horror story about the QE2, yet she was on her 16th crossing and none of these things had actually happened to her, only people she had heard about.
Old June 24th, 2004, 11:42 AM
Passenger

Is someone confussing seasickness with food poisioning?
Old June 24th, 2004, 11:43 AM
CruiseShelly

We had a fabulous time on QM2 (8 days) on the 10 May sailing.

There is only one Buffet Restaurant -- the King's Court -- for Breakfast and Lunch. They turn it into three "alternative" sit-down restaurants for dinner. I saw no terrible food situations for cleanliness. If anything, the whole ship was spotless. Any buffet line will have the occasional spill and dropped plate of food. In the King's Court there are A LOT of people milling around, so this is bound to happen. Also, I heard of no one with "food poisoning" on our sailing. I wouldn't be worried.
Old June 24th, 2004, 12:52 PM
Doris C.

Dear John:

If you cancel, you'll be missing out on the experience of a lifetime. I took the QM2 for a three-day "cruise to nowhere" in May, and I will never forget it. Remember, almost nothing is perfect, but the memories of this wonderful ship, if you have an open mind, will be with your forever.

Hope you decide to keep your reservations. You won't regret it.

Doris
Old June 24th, 2004, 12:53 PM
Gabriel

Default Re: Re: QM2 in 2005

Why pay all that money for a cruise and then opt for a buffet?

The King's Court is great for grabbing a cup of coffee at an odd time, but best of the QM2 experience having your meals in the restaurant--getting to know the people at your table, trying some great dishes that you'd never have at home, simply being waited on.
Old June 24th, 2004, 02:25 PM
Passenger

Bravo Gabriel!

And then there is the delight of coming back to your cabin late at night and ordering a club sandwich from room service!!!
Old June 24th, 2004, 02:32 PM
Gabriel

Default Re: Re: QM2 in 2005

And what's better than waking up in the morning to the gentle knock of room service at your door--with a pot of coffee and some toast.

. . . .Then going to the restaurant in an hour or two for a REAL breakfast.
Old June 24th, 2004, 03:07 PM
Passenger

Now if I can only wait until September 17th when I step on board QM2 ,and then 12/15 when I once again board QE2 for the December crossing!
Old June 24th, 2004, 11:56 PM
NJmatt

The things you mention are false. I was on the June 11th cruise to the Caribbean and the King's Court area was very clean...cleaner than my local grocery store and the food area's where the food is served from was very clean. I happened to be walking through the area one night and the crew was scrubbing everything down...all was very sanitary.
Old June 25th, 2004, 03:16 AM
Dennis Butcher

I don`t know who told that information, your friend must be talking about something else. I was just on the April 16th-22th voyage and I`ll tell you I had the time of my life. This is a ship you can really apprecate and you`ll regret it if you don`t go. Again I belive you owe to yourself and on the most famous ship in the world.

Dennis
Old June 25th, 2004, 10:13 AM
Passenger

We were on the May 10th sailing as well and couldn't have been more pleased. The ship was immaculate and the food quite good.

I wouldn't cancel a trip based on rumors.

Craig
Old July 13th, 2004, 01:29 PM
Beginner

Read the post "QM-2 Extremeley Poor Service Never travel on CUNNARD!!" from 2004's July 4th cruise and form your own opinion.
Old July 13th, 2004, 02:16 PM
The other Jon

I never noticed any problems with cleanliness in Kings court. Although why eat there when the main retaurants are so good.

Don't pay too much attention to third hand stories and remember some people never seem to have a good holiday!

If you have cruised before you will know what you want, if you have not, QM2 will not dissapoint.

Jon
Old July 14th, 2004, 05:39 AM
Passenger

I would sail on the QM2 and have a great time. There may be isolated cases of sickness in any gathering of this many people be it in a hotel, hospital. In the vast majority of cases it is nothing to do with the ship but maybe due to food/drink eaten ashore. Too much Sun can cause sickness and dare I say it, over indulging can be a cause.