CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Cunard (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cunard/)
-   -   Packing formal wear (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cunard/213416-packing-formal-wear.html)

Pat Jonson July 21st, 2004 02:39 PM

Packing formal wear

Would appreciate any suggestions on how to pack formal wear (long gowns). For that matter, packing in general. Someone told me that the best way is to roll up each item of clothing. Thanks.

paulras July 21st, 2004 03:38 PM

Re: Packing formal wear

Actually, rolling your clothes with tissue paper on top works best. I tried that once and it worked well. If you still have wrinkles, just turn the hot water on in your cabin shower with the bathroom door closed and let it fill up with steam. Hang your clothes in there for a few minutes and they should dewrinkle.

lexxity July 21st, 2004 04:11 PM

pack your formal wear in dry cleaning bags and put in a suit carrier, that works well for me and if you do have any creases the shower trick works well.

Keith & Lesley July 21st, 2004 05:39 PM

Even better tip - don't worry about packing well, The best tip is to get your steward to iron it for you. We found it very inexpensive so I had my white dress shirts done and visited the laundry for the other shirts .

June July 21st, 2004 09:04 PM

Re: Re: Packing formal wear

I vote for dry cleaning bags. That trick has worked for me for years..it's cheap and easy. You can do that either in a hanging bag or a regular suitcase.

cheshire July 22nd, 2004 02:39 AM

Packing.

1. Remove suitcases from storage. Remark on old tags and reminise.
2. Place suitcases on Wifes side of the bedrrom.
3. Point to wardrobe and "sigh". "I guess you'll know what I'll need" "You're better at packing than me anyway"
4. Pop off to village pup for a farewell pint with the chaps returning several hours later than planned and exclaim" Oh you've packed then, I would have done it you know.
5. If anything is missing you can always buy it onboard.

Doris C. July 22nd, 2004 08:11 AM

Fantastic! What a riot!!

lexxity July 22nd, 2004 09:13 AM

cheshire,
if my husband tried that with me, then he would travel with nothing and would spend all his holiday money on new clothes, toiletries, etc whilst i sat in the bar/spa/by the pool laughing.

cheshire July 22nd, 2004 01:40 PM

Note to Husbands.

The larger the suitcase the more she'll pack and remember you'll have to lug it around.
An airline weight restriction means you cut down not her and anyway "who can travel with less than 30 kgs"
If you weren't supposed to bring so much the wardrobes would be smaller!
The number of shoes packed bears no relation to the number of nights onboard.
The size of the toiletry bag again bears no relation to the number of nights onboard.
You can never judge the length of a cruise by the number of outfits packed.

Got to go as I believe my dinner is heading toward the bin, again.........

Lexxity. You'll spot my Wife from the fire emanating from her nostrils. Mine's a G+T by the way......

lexxity July 22nd, 2004 04:13 PM

cheshire,
you're a sod! and if i didn't travel with at last 30K then how would i manage to look so gorgeous, it's not natural you know. i need dresses, shoes, the right undergarments, hairdryer, curlers/straightners (depending on the look i'm going for), make up, jewllery you men only need a suit or DJ plus shirt, shoes, underwear and bowtie/tie thats takes up only a tiny part of the suitcase so the rest is naturally, by divine womens rules, mine.

lexxity

G+T in the golden lion? i'm the one with the cosmopolitan!

lexxity July 23rd, 2004 12:05 AM

cheshire,
card collected.

cheshire July 23rd, 2004 02:59 AM

I've e.mailed you.

lexxity July 23rd, 2004 12:58 PM

cheshire,
e-mail not recieved, don't know why, did you use the e-mail in my profile? lexxity