Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 11th, 2004, 01:19 PM
Passenger

Default QM2 favorite places to "embibe"

There is a similar msg posted on here but with a different heading. Can you consume purchased alcohol (bottle) in your cabin?

Post Edited (08-31-04 11:18)
Sponsored Links
Old August 11th, 2004, 02:07 PM
CruiseShelly

Default Re: Alcohol on QM2

Yes. Purchased on board and taken to your room, or brought with you in your luggage. Our cabin steward knew we liked our champagne chilled and ready for when we were dressing for dinner and made sure there were chilled champagne glasses in our refrigerator every day!
Old August 12th, 2004, 08:36 PM
EH

We were on a crossing in July and had champagne in our room the first night. I've been wondering- Does anyone know if that is something they do for all the passengers or did our steward do that on his own.?
Old August 13th, 2004, 04:31 AM
glormich

Default Re: Re: Alcohol on QM2

Dear EH, I have just returned home after being on QM2, we did Norways fjords and travelled with a group of 18 friends and we all had chilled champagne in our rooms.
Old August 14th, 2004, 07:47 PM
EH

Thanks- I did tip our steward extra at the end of the cruise because he was so nice- but I hadn't expected the champagne in our room and didn't know if that was standard.
Old August 22nd, 2004, 06:35 PM
Pat Jonson

Re bringing a bottle on the ship: we wish we had one this! We had the courtesy champagne in our cabin, but champagne is not our "booze of choice". You should bring a bottle with ypu, especially if you have a balcony where you can enoy a drink as you relax in your room! Alcohol on the QM2 is VERY expensive. Our drink of choice is a martini, so we ended up buying a bottle of vodka from room service. It cost us $46 with tip. On the other hand, it's more fun to have a drink at one of the wonderful bars on the ship. Just ENJOY yourselves, no matter what way you choose to imbibe.
Old August 23rd, 2004, 03:19 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via MSN to lexxity

pat,
are you from the US? we think the alcohol is dirt cheap on board, but we are from the UK so maybe it is our individual perceptions. I agree with the commodore club, but i recommend the appletinis. oh, the memories. The cosmos are great all over, especially with absolute citron or mandarin. one of the officers, gabbi, got me onto that! Say hi to him from me and the hubby, suew let him know that we will be back!!
have a great time.

Queen Elizabeth 2 - Trans-Atlantic 2001
Queen Mary 2 - Caribbean - 2004
Queen Mary 2 - Mediterranean - 2004

QM2 Transatlantic
QE2 40th Anniversary Round Britain Cruise.
Old September 23rd, 2004, 11:35 AM
TaminRob

Default Re: Re: Alcohol on QM2

What are you talking about regarding expensive alcohol? We're from the US and we found the prices for drinks extremely fair!! A top shelf martini for about $4 US??? Come on! And we got a glass of 40 year old port for $17. unheard of! And most frozen drinks were between $4-5. So anyone who says their alcohol was too expensive is wrong. Because the prices were so fair, we drank more than we normally would have (ie, bottle of wine with dinner -- that you can store with the wine steward until the next night so you don't have to finish all at once, and then drinks before and after the show).