Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 14th, 2004, 09:13 PM
Richard LeBlanc

Default QM2 - Solo west-bound crossing (sept)

I would appreciate anyone who might share their thougts on a solo crossing. I'm mid-thirties, recently divorced, looking to make some changes and experience new things, meet new people, etc. Actually, I have 'crossed' three times, once on the QE2 (age 14) and twice long before that as a really young kid on the Rafaelo and the Michaelangelo out of Genoa, Italy. I really only remember the QE2.

I've already booked my ticket for the Sept 11 crossing (I was told it was sold out and the waiting list was a mile long, but the next day my agent told me I was onboard--Rm 8105, a B3 junior suite; after reading the posts on this and other sites I learned this is one of the infamous balcony suites with no room, oh well)

Here are my real questions, just three:

Are there many (any?) single ladies (25-45) on westbound crossings?
Is there a site beside this one where solo travelers might get acquainted online prior to embarkation?
What is the dinner situation like for solo crossers? Is seating assigned?

I may at the last minute decide to have someone, perhaps my sister or my son, accomany me, but right now I am thinking solo. Please share any thoughts.

Thanks.

Richard
Sponsored Links
Old August 14th, 2004, 11:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: QM2 - Solo west-bound crossing (sept)

hey...welcome aboard., we are travelling on that crossing as well... We are a group of 13., and yes there are some single woman travelling in our group....and very pretty ones too I might add!!! Seating is assigned., Ive travelled solo before and dinner a good way to meet people, although I must admit for something as special as the QM2., it would be good for you to have someone at a later date to share the experiences with. I would not be to concerned about the negative things you read on this site., particulary regarding the hull balconeys. I ve had friends travel in the same cabins and been thrilled with them. I think its best to make up your own mind.
HAve a great trip., I know we will....roscoe
Old August 15th, 2004, 07:28 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to denizen

Thanks for the insights, roscoe. Perhaps, with any luck, we might run into each other aboard--or for that matter, one of the 'very pretty single women' in your group.

I guess that was my main question: Are there typically any 'very pretty single women on an Atlantic crossing? I was beginning to think it was all married couples, widows, and widowers. Thanks for dispelling that notion.

And have a great trip yourself.

Rich
Old August 16th, 2004, 05:31 AM
Cruise Maniac

hmmmm....no doubt the girls will be n full force in the night clubs at night...Im sure the girls from down under can show you a good time....good luck...!