Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 4th, 2004, 11:02 AM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to DocM1
Default Baggage stowing on QM2

We will be doing a return trip with a three week break in England. Can one of our suitcases be stowed on board while we are touring?

We did this on our QE2 trip a few years back. Stowed the luggage that had our evening wear etc.
Sponsored Links
Old September 7th, 2004, 07:48 PM
EH

Default Re: Baggage stowing on QM2

Are you going over on the ship or flying? We flew over and they offered a service where they would pick up your suitcase at your home for about $300 and you wouldn't see it again until you got to the ship. We were going to be in England for a week and decided to just leave it at the left luggage room at Waterloo station in London for about $80 for the week. Then we picked it up and only had to get it to Southampton.

If you are going over on the ship and then back 3 weeks later, they might stow it somewhere for you for a fee.
Old September 7th, 2004, 10:08 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Baggage stowing on QM2

Thanks for your advice. Yes, we are going over by ship and then returning three weeks later. So my thought was that perhaps QM2 could stow the suitcase until we board for the return - has anyone done that?
Old September 8th, 2004, 01:06 PM
wripro

we are also sailing both ways (October 11 and 31in princess grill accommodations). i asked my travel agent to inquire if we could store tuxedos etc aboard between crossings and was told no. maybe youll have better luck. if you do please post here. as an alternative were leaving one suitcase at our hotel in london and taking the other to paris where well be spending the bulk of the time between voyages. well pick it up on the way back to southampton.
which sailings are you doing? good luck and bon voyage!
Old September 8th, 2004, 06:17 PM
EH

DocM1-

If you will be traveling for 3 weeks- it might make more sense for you to have Cunard pick up your suitcase at your home. Then they will stow it for you somewhere and deliver it right to your stateroom!

At 6 pounds per day at the left luggage room- it could add up to over $200. I think Cunard's fees were $200 for one suitcase under a certain weight. It wasn't too low- might have been 70 pounds- but our suitcase was so large it would have been $300 vs $80 to leave it at the left luggage room for 7 days.

There is another possibility. When we were at Waterloo's left luggage room, they said there was one station where you could leave the luggage for a set fee per week. It was a reasonable fee- something like 7 pounds for a week. We didn't have time to get to it because we were on a tight schedule. Sorry I can't remember which station that was but you might be able to get that information from one of the British or London travel guides or websites.
Old September 8th, 2004, 10:13 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Baggage stowing on QM2

Wow! Had no idea it would cost that much. I don't recall exactly what it cost on the QE2 but wasa more like $50.00. I think I will contact Cunard and try to get a more concise answer than they gave me initialy - I'll report back.
Old September 9th, 2004, 01:28 PM
wripro

i am having my luggage shipped from my home directly to the ship in NY. The cost is $200 for the first 100 pounds no matter how many bags. But thhat still doesnt solve the problem of storing luggage between crossings. as i said in my earlier post i inquired but was told no dice which is why i made the alternative arrangements. one other idea might beto find out if theres a place in southampton (at or near the pier) where you can store luggage and then pick it up right before the return sailing.