Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 19th, 2004, 11:33 AM

Default Teen dress on cunard

This is my 10th cruise, but first with cunard sailing the 12 day Fort Lauderdale to Los Angeles Jan 5 2005. What do people wear on cunard? Im 16 years old going with my parents. I go to a Catholic High School and I was just going to bring my school uniform to wear that is white shirt, tie, gray pants, red sweater vest and a navy blazer. Will this be ok? I don't really have anything else to wear. Do you wear a suit during the day? Im use to wearing my uniform all the time so it's no big deal dressing up all day.
My parents are strict on my dress code even at home so I don't even own any T-shirts. On Saturdays I wear polo shirts dress pants and dress shoes. Can I wear a polo shirt during the day and dress pants? I don't mind wearing a tie and sweater vest and dress pants during the day if that's what passengers wear? Im use to dressing up so it's no big deal to me.

Thanks for your information
Brian
Sponsored Links
Old October 19th, 2004, 11:49 AM
Bill Ulicny

Default Re: Teen dress on cunard

Brian,

I commend you for wanting to dress appropriately. Many teenagers seem to wear things that will just aggravate and annoy their parents. But you seem to have the right attitude.

During the day, I would suggest shorts and a polo shirt, or khakis and a polo shirt if the weather is cool. A sweater would also be fine, depending on weather. There is absolutely no need for a tie during the day. Of course, when going to the swimming pool, a bathing suit and t-shirt or polo is appropriate.

In the evenings, there are three separate styles to be considered for dinner, and they will be specified in the daily newsletter you will receive onboard.

Casual, for a gentleman, means long pants (no jeans or ripped pants) and a collared shirt. Khakis and a nice polo are fine here.

Informal, again for the gentleman, means a proper dress shirt, tie, and jacket, blazer, or sportcoat. This may be the case where you could wear your school uniform, or similar attire.

Formal evenings strongly suggest the gentleman to wear a tuxedo. Of course, a dark suit may suffice. Your parents could easily tell you if a dark suit you own would be sufficient for a formal night.

Above all, enjoy your vacation! Will you be cruising the Carribbean or Mediterranean, or will you be crossing the Atlantic?

Bill
Old October 19th, 2004, 11:55 AM
Bill Ulicny

Default Re: Re: Teen dress on cunard

Brian,

Sorry, I didn't see that you will be taking a Carribbean cruise out of Fort Lauderdale. Have fun in the sun in the Carribbean!

Bill
Old October 21st, 2004, 01:18 PM

Default Re: Re: Re: Teen dress on cunard

Hi Bill,
Thanks so much for your information that really helped. I get a lot of compliments how im dressed. My school really stresses how it's important to dress smart. I do see a big change in peoples attitudes towards me compared to if they see other teens with different color hair and ear rings all over their face. My parents both our strict on dress code. Most of the time I stay in my uniform after school all day. "Why change and dirty more clothes" as my mom always says.

Thanks for the information on dress code. I have lots of polo shirts and oxford shirts and khakis that I will bring for daytime. That's pretty relax dress code. I was expecting ties all day.

For Casual, I probably will wear a dress shirt and tie, dress pants. I feel more confutable wearing a tie to dinner. Anyways my dad will make me dress up for dinner. Maybe a sweater vest instead of a blazer.
Informal, I will bring my school uniform.
As for formal, I don't have a tuxedo, but I do have a black suit. I will bring that.

Im really looking forward to going on the QE2. I went on the SS. Norway a few years ago and had such a fun time. I love going on the older ships. So mush history with the older ships.

Thanks again bill for your info, If you need any information about Princess I can tell you. We mostly go with Princess and wanted to try another cruise line. I like Princess since I get free Internet on them. But excited to try another Cruise line.

Take care,
Brian
Old October 21st, 2004, 03:34 PM
Gabriel

Not that it's any of my business . . .

and it certainly has nothing to do with cruising . . .

. . . but it sounds to me like the folks could relax the dress code at home a bit.
Old October 24th, 2004, 08:51 AM
MR_Cunard

Dear Brian,
I'm also a teen and although I have not cruised Cunard i can imagin what it is like onboard! I woudl not recomend you Wearing your School Uniform, If your blazer has the school crest on it but other wise it shall be fine! Like me waering a Polo shirt is the only way to do anything! So deff a Polo shirt . But i think you will find Cunard a totally different experience, so i hope you have fun and maby you might be able to share your crusie pics with us all when you return!

Cheers!
Old November 4th, 2004, 12:21 PM

Thank you everyone for all your help. Im looking forward to going on Cunard.
Yes, I will take pictures.

Brian
Old December 31st, 2004, 11:07 PM
Kathy M

Brian,

I hope you stay all dressed up the entire day. It will be nice to see a teen dressed up in nice clothes. Im very happy that you like to dress up. Im on your sailing and I hope to see you around all dressed up. You should wear you school uniform during the day.

Good for you for dressing up

Kathy
Old January 2nd, 2005, 02:42 PM
-Roman-

I was on a transatlantic crossing in Juli on the QM2! It was fantastic! So you can be happy!

Roman,14,Austria