Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 8th, 2004, 03:10 PM
lisab

Default spends

Hi
Can any one help, i have just finished paying for my QM2 Carabean cruise (11 nights) and dont know how much spends to save for drinks spa etc. I have ages untill i go but i would like to do it in style, as this is not only my first cunard cruise but first ever cruise and is also a suprise pressie for my hubby. If any one can offer any suggestions they would be greatfully appreciated.
Also if any one knows of any ways to make the holiday that little bit more special for him please let me know.
Thanks
Lisab
P.S. Sorry for any spelling mistakes
Sponsored Links
Old December 8th, 2004, 04:36 PM
Sid James

Default Re: spends

Beer is about $ 3.50 per pint wine is about $22 - what ever you want to pay Champers about $30 up and spa around 100 plus depending on what you have and excursions $45 plus depending on trip . Take your hubbies credit card for that big diamond and if you go to Sint Martin take the Americas Cup racing yacht excersion its great (around $75) and if you have GB pounds you can almost halve those prices...Have a great trip
Old December 12th, 2004, 08:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

Wife and I (both 43) were first time cruisers on the QE2 last May (for 6 nights/ 7 days). We had a drink or three a day and treated ourselves to 2 spa treatments each (spa stuff alone was about $600). After the $11/person/day tipping, a few gifts (nominal amount) and 3 excursions in Bermuda and Newport RI (about $40-50/person) we ended up with about $1200 on our ship account. I figure that this was about 25% of what we paid for the cruise and well worth it. We are going on a CCL trip in March 2005 and figure that the 25% "rule" will work again for us. Obviously if you plan to gamble, take more excursions, etc. it wil need to be adjusted. Hope this helps a little. Would like to hear if others find that budgeting a % works for them!
Old December 15th, 2004, 02:50 PM
Passenger

Lisab:
The 25% guide sounds ok to me too. On QM2 Maiden Voyage (14 days) our shipboard account (2 persons) amounted to approx. $2,200.00. Seemed like we were signing for something continually, even for the bottled water in the room. Hope you enjoy your voyage.
Jim.
Old December 17th, 2004, 12:13 AM
lisab

Default Re: Re: spends

Thanks for the help. With the rate being so good at to moment I have just bought $2000 and hopefully i should'nt need to much more. I just have lose those few extra pounds and fit into those lovely formal dresses..........i think the suprise cruise is more for me than my hubby!!