Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 6th, 2005, 11:44 AM
david paling

Default size of inside cabin QM2

Hi
I am just about to book westbound QM2 in April and don't know whether to get inside or outside. At first glance it seemed to me that inside presented the best value as both types of room are supposed to be 194 sq ft and you seemed to be paying quite a bit extra for just a porthole to view the sea.

However when you look at the photos in the brochure the plans of both type of cabin look the same size, with the outside cabin having a sofa. But if you look at the photographs (and I have also viewed 360 degree images on net), the inside room looks much smaller. Can anybody explain this?

Lastly D2 inside cabins are substantially more expensive than other inside cabins. I am a cruise virgin, and don't understand the big difference for being a few decks higher.
Any help would be much appreciated.

David
Sponsored Links
Old January 6th, 2005, 12:18 PM
Passenger

Default Re: size of inside cabin QM2

I had a D5 when I was on QM2. It was an inside cabin and the next to lowest category. It was more than ample. I had a queen size bed (two singles put together), a little hallway with closets galore as you entered, etc. It was more than enough of space.

A friend had a B6 across the hall and she had the sofa (for two) and hull balcony. Other than that, our cabins were pretty identical.

You won't spending lots of time in your cabin so there's no need to worry about not having enough room.
Old January 6th, 2005, 12:19 PM
MARY LOBUE

Default Re: size of inside cabin QM2

Read the site "Inside vs outside cabins" by Richard V. Thia should help you. FYI you don't really want to spend alot of time in a cabin.