Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 5th, 2005, 11:23 AM
Yvonne

Default What things cost

I'm excited to go on a transatlantic crossing this May.

I've just started reading about the various activities, options etc. Could someone tell me what activities are free and which cost on board? Which thing should we REALLY try to do; ie, are there movies on board, shows, lectures, do these cost? Wine tasting? Spa treatment, special dinners ... I've got to start saving up for the extras!!

Any help appreciated.

Yvonne
Sponsored Links
Old February 5th, 2005, 07:01 PM
Passenger

Default Re: What things cost

All the entertainment aboard QM2 is free, ie; production shows, films, lectures. The specialty restaurant Todd English carries a surcharge of $20 for lunch and $30 for dinner. Lectures are also free.

There are wine tastings held at the Samuel Cunard Wine Lounge those are around $15 or so. Then of course there are things like bingo, which you pay extra for depending on how many game cards you decide to play. Should you decide to purchase one of the zillions of photographs they take of you aboard ship, they are a rather steep $27 a pop.

Alcohol of course is extra. You can purchase a soda card for about $3 dollars a day, which works out well if you drink alot it. The Canyon Ranch Spa of course is extra, as is any of the salons.

Have a great trip

Cruiserking
Old February 7th, 2005, 09:56 AM
Yvonne

Default Re: Re: What things cost

Thanks so much, that fills in a lot of gaps!

Yvonne
Old February 12th, 2005, 11:19 AM
Plutt

Default Re: Re: What things cost

How about fruit drinks, water on this cruise?

How about ice-cream, pizza's, burgers and such treats for kids, extra charge?

Whats breakfast like?

Plutt
Old February 12th, 2005, 04:05 PM
Hanne

Default Re: Re: Re: What things cost

Hi
Just got back from QM2 cruise... fabulous... in every way.
All the food is free.... 24 hours a day... the only time there are extra charges is if you make reservations at Todd English... a very special restaurant.... we did not do it... the food in the dining room and everywhere else is so good no need to spend 30$ to make an extra reservation ... unless you have money to burn.
Alcohol drinks of course are extra.
Water.... they say that the water coming out of the tap is drinkable... and I did drink it and no ill effects... I did buy a couple of large bottles of water $3.00 each and kept them in the room fridge... to get some nice cold water ... was worth while to have.
Lots of juice avaiable all of the time.... on deck 7....
any other questions???
Hanne