Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 1st, 2005, 11:13 AM
Frank B.

Default What's up with QM2

I am considering an extended cruise next year on the QM2. But the reviews are not very good. I read cruise-addicts and cruisemates reviews. Lots of unhappy people. Everything from poor service, poor food, dirty cabins, poor TV and movie selection, stabilizer issues, embarkation and debarkation problems, etc. I know some people are picky, but there are too many negative reviews to ignore. If I going to spend $15,000 to $20,000 per person, I expect quality. Maybe I need to look at a shorter crusie on Seabourn or Silverseas?
Sponsored Links
Old March 1st, 2005, 01:10 PM
Passenger

Default Re: What's up with QM2

If you plan on spending $15,000 to $20,000 per person you will undoubtedly have a fabulous time as a Queens Grill passenger aboard QM2.

However, should you decide to travel in Britannia Class you will also have a wonderful journey. Some people enjoy moaning and groaning, that's how they get their jollies.

The Queen Mary 2 is a superior ship. She is a technical marvel with elegant public rooms and first class service. I sailed QM2 last July for a four night Independence Weekend Cruise and had a terrific time aboard.

We never had any service issues whatsoever. It always took mere moments for our drink orders to arrive in either the Chart Room or the Commodore Club. The food and service in Britannia was very good. A tad on the slow side only at breakfast.

I don't understand what the fuss over the Kings Court is. I found it to be a smooth operation. There are a four or five food stations each offering a variety of cullinary concoctions.

As to poor TV and movie selections. Who goes on a fabulous QM2 cruise and plans on watching the tube. There are so many other enchanting things to watch; the waves rolling by from your steamer chair, the moon light mirrored on the ocean from your balcony.

The evenings on QM2 are very exciting. The productions shows at the Royal Court Theater are first rate with very sophisticated theatrical scenery and stage effects. Not to mention a very talented cast of singers and dancers. Plus, nothing compares to the wonderful ambience of formal nights on QM2 with myriads of well coiffed passengers mingling throughout this vast and glamorous ship.

So, maybe there's the odd wait on embarkation day - helps to build the anticipation that much more. Look how long Willy Wonka kept those hordes of people waiting before he tumbled down the red carpet at his chocolate factory.

As far as I'm concerned any passage aboard R.M.S Queen Mary 2 is a Golden Ticket that ushers anyone bearing it into a magical, sea-going world.

Cruiserking

Post Edited (03-01-05 13:23)

Old March 1st, 2005, 01:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

hear hear.....the Qm2 is a fabulous ship, I echo CrusierKings comments...a lot of the negativity is an attention seeking device, on our recent crossing we saw nothing of the supposed bad service or dirty rooms that some people are complaining about// We dined in the Britannia and had an inside m5 cabin and we thought the furnishings and service even at that level unmatched. Go and have a fabulous trip..
Old March 1st, 2005, 07:38 PM
Passenger

Just making sure... you're sure you are talking about QM2? QM2 doesn't have "M" cabins if I'm not mistaken...

Old March 2nd, 2005, 02:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

sorry...meant d5 cabin......yes it was the QM., too used to travelling sterrage on the QE!