Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 26th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Familiar Face

Hello Gooner, Fried Eggs and all of my many readers.

Gooner, it would fine for your Rene to wear her diamonte suit with matching accessories, many ladies like to dress stylishly during the formal evenings Ron likes me to wear something matching his outfit so we compliment each other but he has such a strange dress sense it is not always possible. He has been buying his own cloths recently and will not let me see them until we are on the ship (hence Al Jolson Fried Eggs).

Fried Eggs, I have spoken to Ron and he agrees that we should go on the Hamburg trio in July so we look forward to meeting you and Harriet on board (Gooner can you make this trip? it wouls be good to meet you face to face) - Ron suggests we have a German Theme to the trip and that we all use German names - he has dug out some old lederhosen and a hat complete with a feather that he bought when we were in Bavaria he also intends to bring his 2 litre beer tankard with matching flip top lid for the Golden Lion. You know my Ron (he wants us to called Siegfried and Helga for the trip) once he gets an idea.

Now some exciting news, my eldest Sonya is expecting again (Due in December) I am really overjoyed at the thought of becoming a Grandmother again, she has promised if it is a girl she will call her Victoria, Mary her 3 year old cannot wait so see her new brother or sister.

Now a short note to all the many readers of this thread - please sign in so we know who you are - we are a very friendly bunch (except Ron who is a moody individual and a tad boring) and would love to hear of your experiences and views - why not join us in July remember the theme.

Love and Kisses

Helga (Cynthia)
Old May 28th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Familiar Face

Hello Again (or should I say Bonjour),

I am writing this from a hotel room in Paris, Ron won 2nd prize in a fancy dress competition at our local British Legion. He went as John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever (white suit and all) but got beaten by
a Tina Turner look alike, still the 2nd prize was a 2 day Eurostar break to Paris so here we are, we have spent all day sight seeing and visiting the Louvre.

Must move on as this is a cruise forum and not ex servicemans. We have now had confirmation of our Hamburg trip (4th deck mid ships) and are on a table for 8 with Fried Eggs and Harriet cannot wait to see who the other 4 are. If anybody reading this is on the same trip why not try to book on our table?

Ron is now polishing up on his German,he does like to impress the locals when we arrive in port - he once learned several sentences in Norwegian for a previous trip we went on - including ' My herring is not fresh' which he actually managed to get into a conversation. I am busy sorting my evening wear as I like to dress for the shows in The Royal Court etc, our trip is only 2 months away and the time flies by, we will be on board before we know it.

I have called Wilhelm and arranged to meet him in the bar of the Vier Jahrezeiten Hotel at 11 am - everybody is invited and we look forward to meeting other travellers there. We will be wearing our Cunard Gold Pins so you will recognise us easily - why not come and say hello.

Love and Kisses

Cynthia
Old August 8th, 2011, 06:25 AM
Familiar Face

Hi Fried Eggs (trust that you are reading this forum),

Just came across this old post from you and wondered what you have booked currently? we have all booked for the QM2 22nd August New York to Southampton crossing ( yes again )myself, Ron, Coral - Coral is still looking for a man and this is will be her seventh attempt on the QM2 so keep your fingers crossed - unfortunately Sara and Tom are unable to make this crossing as she is pregnant again (No.8 now) so is not up to travelling. We are on a table for 8 so looking forward to meeting our travel companions - I will be glad to get Ron of my hands for a few days so hopefully he will meet some unsuspecting travellers - you know Ron once he is in there they cannot get rid of him.

As usual we are booked in the Britannia late sitting because Coral looks better when the lighting is not so good - we have also asked for a dimmed corner - with no table lighting
or candles. Maybe asking too much there.

Let me know if your are on this cruise

Best regards

Cynthia
Old September 7th, 2011, 02:48 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default thanks

Thanks for the tip i will give it a try
Old August 5th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Familiar Face

Hello to all my fellow cruisers - it is a long time since I last posted so have missed you all - just returned from a return trip to NY on QM2 where we had 4 whole hours in NY even then Ron (my husband for those who do not know) managed to get lost in Time Square - we found him in Macdonalds with a Mcflurry.

Met some wonderful people on the cruise this time including Eileen from Roscommon who I am sure didnt leave the afternoon tea in the Queens Room for the entire journey. It was her first cruise and I think not her last don't know how she managed to get in every frame of the Cunard DVD, as Ron says it seems more like an Eileen promo video, He bought 2 copies as I think he was smitten with her(silly old S**) I told him to act his age, he wasnt actually Errol Flynn when he was in his 20's, she is welcome to him and all of his continuous moans and irritation habits.

Also met some old friends Sara and Tom who now have 2 children
and Ali and Christine and their 3 children. Caught up on many things including the latest progress in trying to find a husband for my daughter Coral - shes a lovely girl when she is sober and I am sure there will be somebody on a ship oneday for her.
I tell her not to be so keen but I am afraid she has got a wedding ring in mind and
cant seem to get past the first date or sometimes even up to the first date. Ron says she should learn to cook as food is the way to a mans heart but toast is her limit at the moment.

Didnt find Commodore Rind particularly endearing didnt have much time for Ron (but then neither do I so maybe I am being a little critical. Met some wonderful crew members in particular Max in the Britiannia who was as always very helpful and attentive (would gladly swap him for Ron)

Will let you all know when we have booked out next trip and maybe we can all meet up - if you are between 30 and 90 and Male Coral is waiting to meet you.

Happy sailing

Cynthia
Old August 5th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Familiar Face

Forgot to mention the superb entertainment on the outward trip
Jon Courtnay (comedian was very funny) and Philip Browne (singer was exellent)
Ron was really taken with him and bought a trilby hat immediately he returned home and now walks around the house singing' Ol Man River' all day long - he wanted to enter the talent show with this so I had to lock him out on the balcony until it was over.There was also entertainment on the return trip -enough said about that.
Although Ron cant find his braces and false teeth since one of the shows.

By the way a little tip for those travelling shortly dont try the Pina Colada in the Golden Lion - they were rubbish - whoever made them needs retraining. Although it didnt stop Ron drinking 9 in one night and singing 'Ol man river' at the Karaoke.

Will keep in touch with you all this time,

Love

Cynthia x
Old August 8th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Familiar Face

Is anybody out there?

Not one Blooming reply to my email - not one single 'Hello Cynthia' during my 36 years cruising (121 trips - 983 sea days) less 3 for when we missed the ship and we had to fly home with no luggage - all because of stupid Ron, made him sleep in the shed and didnt speak to him for 3 weeks. How can you miss a ship because of gravy on your tie? - anyway I digress

What is the point of this forum if it is not for communication with new and old fellow travellers - anyway Fried Eggs can go boil his head - Wilhelm can disappear in the Black Forest for all I care and as for the rest of my old fellow shipmates I couldnt care less if you stick to the other lines. I know Ron can bore the ears of people but he is getting on and should be
tolerated. Although to be honest he gets on my nerves - anyway serves you all if I decide not to post anymore.

We can all posts items requesting information like what size socks does Commodore Rynd wear andc doea QM2 have soft toilet paper - whereas my posts are based more on informal updates.

I am so sad

Cynthia x

Ps - s** of Ron I am updating my thread
and