Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 18th, 2005, 10:25 AM
jmorse

Default What to do in Southampton

Our flight arrives early AM and includes transfers to Southampton. Is there anything to do in the vacinity while waiting to board ship. Is there a place to keep your luggage if you head off?
Sponsored Links
Old March 21st, 2005, 07:21 AM
Beginner

Default Re: What to do in Southampton

As the tranfer to Southampton is included, you probably will be first kept at the airport or a nearby hotel to make sure you will not arrive too early, and than directly taken to the cruise terminal in time to check in and board.

But if you really have time in Southampton, there is plenty to see. A good start for a cruise is the maritime museum with a lot of displays and artifacts from the Titanic and many other ships of the past.
If you like an extended walk you can follow the Titanic trail which leads to several Titanic memorials. Southampton lost several hundreds live in those tragedy.
More interested in more distant history? Walk the medieval walls or visit the medieval merchants home.
Enjoy Southampton and your cruise!
Old March 22nd, 2005, 08:36 AM
jmorse

Thanks, that sounds interesting enough. Hope we are not held up at the airport. How boring! Do you know if there is a pre-boarding place to stash your luggage?
JMorse
Old March 22nd, 2005, 10:58 AM
Passenger

I would imagine that Cunard will handle your luggage from the time you check in at the airport or arrive at Heathrow. When I have used Cunard transfers to get to Southampton, Cunard took over my luggage as soon as I checked in someplace. I never had to carry my luggage with me once I was in Cunard's hands.