Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 20th, 2005, 09:18 PM
cruiser09

Default teens on qm2

I am bringing my 14 year old daughter on the queen mary 2 in July. I am afriad that she will be bored andhave nothing to do. Is this true? Are there any teen activite for her age?

Also, she isn't sure if her wardrobe would be appropriate for the cruise. What should she wear during the day? Are jeans and a t-shirt ok? For dinner, can she just wear a nice top and black pants, or a semi-formal dress?
Sponsored Links
Old May 10th, 2005, 01:08 PM
nancy.green

Default Re: teens on qm2

They do have organized teen activities -- my daughter was 15 on our first crossing. I had to kind of make her go to the first couple of teen meetings, but after that she had a blast. She also loved the quizzes.
Old May 13th, 2005, 11:49 AM
Julia Elzie

Default Re: teens on qm2

Cunard is really doing some great stuff on the QM2. They've really started getting a lot of families on their cruises, especially during the holidays and the summer months when kids are out of school. If she likes to read, there is a great library; the planetarium is amazing; there are acting and performing arts classes. Lots of stuff for kids and teens to do!

Cunard is more formal and people dress up more than the other cruise lines, so your daughter might feel underdressed. If she could get dresses or a suit that would also work later for semi-formal dances at school, church, weddings or interviews, she would probably feel more comfortable. A nice bias cut or A-line skirt would also work for the cruise, but be useful for other events, too. Jeans, not torn or ripped and clean, with a new, nicer t-shirt would probably be fine, along with a pair of cute stylish sandals would be great for the day. Adults realize that kids and teens are informal these days and most don't mind if kids are more casual than adults, as long as they are neat and clean.

Best Regards,
Julia