CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Cunard (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cunard/)
-   -   Princess Grill access to Queens Lounge? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cunard/213648-princess-grill-access-queens-lounge.html)

dp2005 March 31st, 2005 08:37 AM

Princess Grill access to Queens Lounge?

Re: QM2
I have read several posts claiming the Queens Lounge is accessable to all Grill passengers (i.e.princess & queens grill), yet Cunard tell me it is only for Queens Grill passengers. Could anybody please clarify?.
thankyou
david

Wirt March 31st, 2005 09:34 AM

Re: Princess Grill access to Queens Lounge?

The Queen's Grill Lounge is open to Princess Grill passengers. We went to the tea there several times. A couple of times during tea, the maitre d' from the Princess Grill restaurant played the piano.

jford March 31st, 2005 01:12 PM

Re: Re: Princess Grill access to Queens Lounge?

WHEN DID YOU SAIL AND WHO IS OR WAS THE MAITRE'D??? WE ARE SAILING THIS SATURDAY APRIL2 AND ARE IN THE PRINCESS GRILL. THANX FOR YOUR HELP JIM FORD

Wirt March 31st, 2005 02:10 PM

Re: Re: Re: Princess Grill access to Queens Lounge?

I can't remember his name--he's probably in his mid-40s or so, and married to the ship's Social Director (whom we met at the Captain's Cocktail Party). I'll look tonight and see if I can find that info.

We sailed in January. The restaurant is great, the service and food are extraordinary. Go for lunch as soon as you board, and if you don't like your table assignment, the staff will bend over backwards to accommodate you.

The Princess cabins are also very spacious and beautifully arranged. We didn't avail ourselves enough of the special Grill "concierge," who I found rather imperious-acting (the only minor negative in a great experience). The boarding is also expedited if you're in a Grill cabin.

Have a great time.

TravlnTxn April 1st, 2005 01:28 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Princess Grill access to Queens Lounge?

Wirt, could his name possibly have be Arjan? (or Airjan?). He was our Maitre'd in PG last July & he is great!

sb April 1st, 2005 08:08 PM

The maitre'd in the Princess Grill for the March 9th cruise was Osman. He was fabulous.

Wirt April 4th, 2005 10:37 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Princess Grill access to Queens Lounge?

Yes, I think his name was Arjan (or something like that). He would be a credit to any fine restaurant or hotel.

In conversation with one of the waiters during a tea, the waiter told me that he had trained with and worked for Ritz-Carlton for several years prior to joing Cunard. So Cunard is not hiring novices to wait their tables, apparently, at least not in the Grill restaurants.

SSH April 4th, 2005 08:53 PM

Last name Reid, maybe? Amanda Reid is the social hostess, I believe.

jford April 11th, 2005 10:43 PM

QUEENS LOUNGE IS AVAILABLE TO ALL GRILL PASSENGERS. QUEENS SUN DECK IS LIMITED TO QUEENS PASSENGERS ONLY. (JIM 4/2/2005 QM2 P-1SUITE)

Wirt April 12th, 2005 07:44 AM

And how did you enjoy the P1 experience?

Ken Trout April 12th, 2005 10:46 AM

Re: Re: Re: Princess Grill access to Queens Lounge?

It's the only way to fly! <g> We enjoyed our 2 waiters & 1 waitress so much that all five of us were teary at our last meal (breakfast).

And we liked our P-1 suite so much that we've rebooked the same suite for a double-crossing in July!

jford April 16th, 2005 07:40 AM

YES OSMAN WAS THE MAITRE'D ON THE APRIL 2ND CRUISE AND HIS WIFE OYEH WAS THE BARTENDER IN THE QUEENS GRILL LOUNGE. A GREAT COUPLE AND VERY PROFESSIONAL MUCH LIKE THE REST OF THE STAFF ON THE QM2. A TRULY MAGNIFICENT CRUISEING EXPERIENCE..