Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 7th, 2005, 07:51 PM
NYJulie

Default Unforgettable Trip

I like to think of myself as a good source to get information from. I am 19 and just sailed on the QM2. It definitely was not the vacation must people my age would like to take in college. I was very thankful I had the chance to go. I am very open-minded person and I like to make the best of every situation that I am given.
For the first 2 day at sea it was a very low-key atmosphere. I love older people; they always have a good story to tell. The average age on the ship was probably around 60. I did not find many people in there 20s. I would be lieing if I said that was fine. I was little disappointed.
When you’re on vacation you usually don't expect to learn life a lesson. Yet I learned one this trip. That is that the older crowd is just as fun as the younger one. I love the people on ship. Everyone was warm-hearted and always had something nice to say. I did get a to chance to meet some people near my age, which happened to be the crew, if you ever had question they had answer. I never met so many people from some many different countries. I was also lucky enough to be sat at the dinner table were the doctors of the ship sit at. Nicest people I have ever met. The people that say the ship was not meant for small children, I disagree. My cabin was few doors down from the children play room. I thought it would be real noisy near my room but the workers kept them under control. I would stop in once and while because I had made friends with the crew people that work in there. It always seem like the kids were having a good time. When I was sitting on my chair near the pool, the kids always came running up to there parents telling them how much fun they had. I say that the age ran between 4 - 16 that I notice having a good time. For the parents out there with kids asking is there anything for me to do. There is a lot for you to do. Also at night when they don't have the kids program going there is a movie on at 8 o’clock, which is usually suitable for younger teens. The theater was just as big as going to any show. Also jeans and tee shirt is what I seen most of kids wearing around the ship. Which seem to work fine. (I was caught doing that few times myself as many older people were).
The only thing that I was little upset as what we were told we were going to Purtio Rica. But we could not dock there so we went to St. Tomas, which was very nice. Just would have like to know.
Overall that was the best vacation I have ever been on. I have been very lucky to go many place already in my life. I thank my parents very much for what they have given me. I feel like the luckiest person to have experience something like that. For people that are complaining on here, if I can enjoy myself at this age you should be able too. Yes there is always going to be something bad about the trip. But it what you make of that situation. Thanks QM2 for making that so unforgettable trip!!!
Sponsored Links
Old April 11th, 2005, 04:39 PM
tickie

Default Re: Unforgettable Trip

Glad to hear you had such a wonderful time. I started cruising at 29 and have become hooked. Hope you are fortunate enough to get more cruising in! Just returned from my second cruise on the QM2 in March.

I also found the crew to be incredibly friendly - the bartenders were always great to talk to and hang out with when given the chance. Loved Sabine and Paul in G32, and Dan and Oya at the pool bar.

As for fellow passengers - yep, they are older, but some of them like to enjoy themselves more than people my own age in their 30s. Still keep in touch with passengers and a band member from xtasea after a year.