Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 26th, 2005, 06:04 PM
Ken Thomas

Default Queen Mary Hotel

We have just booked our third cruise on the QM2 to Hawaii in February 2006 and were wondering if a pre-cruise stay on the Queen Mary would be worth the time.
Sponsored Links
Old May 27th, 2005, 09:39 AM
Familiar Face

Default Re: Queen Mary Hotel

Yes! I urge you to stay overnight (s?) if you can get the booking. You will go back in time. Look in every nook and cranny and enjoy what was the old world; then you will enjoy the evil spawn of what's new on the water. I've enjoyed the Queen Mary, the first ship I ever was on as a child. I have enjoyed the Queen Mary 2 when she was a child, her maiden voyage, and since; she is a totally different experience, she is of the new world. That is a good thing. Do enjoy them both.
Old May 31st, 2005, 12:14 AM
qmCruising

No. I live near the QM. Its very very old aqnd run down. As of a few months ago, the company that runs it is also bankrupt. Save your money.
Old June 3rd, 2005, 12:33 PM
TW Scull

Go for it. Ship & hotel functioning in spite of bankruptcy. Book soon as the hoetl is often sold out and will be for the pre-Hawaii cruise.
Ted in NYC
Old June 3rd, 2005, 01:57 PM
Ken Thomas

Default Re: Re: Queen Mary Hotel

Hello Ted,

We have booked a Deluxe Queen Stateroom for one night before we board the QM2.
Do you have any suggestions regarding the restaurants onboard?

Karen & Ken

QM2 November 2004
QM2 May2005
QM2 February 2006
Old July 2nd, 2005, 07:31 PM
G Bauslaugh

Several years ago, I at Lunch at Sir Winston's with my grandmother. I still remember it as amoung the very best meals I have had; before or since. In many ways I beleive it to be at the level you would expect in the Queen's Grill on QM2. Expect to pay $50.00 per person for lunch and $75.00+ for dinner. High but worth it. Also the hotel has a sunday brunch which is well thought of. Anyway enjoy, it will be a strong way to begin your journey.
Old July 2nd, 2005, 07:37 PM
G Bauslaugh

Several years ago, I at Lunch at Sir Winston's with my grandmother. I still remember it as amoung the very best meals I have had; before or since. In many ways I beleive it to be at the level you would expect in the Queen's Grill on QM2. Expect to pay $50.00 per person for lunch and $75.00+ for dinner. High but worth it. Also the hotel has a sunday brunch which is well thought of. Anyway enjoy, it will be a strong way to begin your journey.
Old July 14th, 2005, 03:16 PM
John Bean

I really enjoyed spending a night at the Queen Mary Hotel. It was a pretty quiet evening, but if you are into the history it was very nice. Had a very nice dinner and breakfast. One night is enough to get the feel of past glory.
Old September 2nd, 2005, 01:05 PM
robert rogers

This is a wondership place to stay, so full of history, the resturants i found were good and take the tour of the ship.

The staterooms are not anywhere near up to sratch, very, very poor like a 2 start hotel room, I have stayed in both kinds off rooms the old and the new, dont get me wrong here this i =s a must do stay, you will love it and at night stroll the decks almost alone-wonderful.

Dear god I hope they dont get rid of the QM
Old November 5th, 2005, 02:44 AM
Passenger

Definetly visit the QM, but don't stay at the hotel. Rooms are small and hot water for the showers takes some time. I suggest the Hyatt, Hilton, Renassance, and Weston if you plan on staying in Long Beach.
Old November 17th, 2005, 09:43 AM
Passenger

YES, do stay on the Queen Mary. We did this past Oct. We had a Sunday sailing on the Carnival Pride and arrived on Friday before. Two night on the Queen were great. We all day Sat to explore this grand ship. It was one of the highlites of our trip. Carnival passengers receive a special rate of $109/night. Maybe for Cunard passednger too.

Cunard: 6 Cruises
Carnival: 6 Cruises
NCL: 5 Cruises
Old December 13th, 2005, 10:18 PM
Beginner

Default The Queen Mary Hotel

The Queen Mary is a wonderful old ship. She has seen her hay day a few years ago, but I thing she still has class and style. My wife and I were married on her and spent two weeks on board. We wondered the decks and were transported back in time.

Sir Winston's is a great place to dine. We go back every chance we get. And the Sunday brunch is wonderful, just be ready to eat when you go.

When you stay at the hotel ask for a first class cabin, they have all been upgraded. Enjoy your cruise, and enjoy your stay on the Queen Mary.[img][/img]