Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 13th, 2005, 03:07 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Dave M
Default Obstructed Views? (8063/8065)

We are booked on the QM2 for the Sept 20th crossing South Hampton to New York. Anyone have any info on B6 obstructed balcony cabins 8063/8065?
Sponsored Links
Old June 13th, 2005, 05:44 PM
Familiar Face

Default DECK PLANS--QM2

David, if you go to the web site of "www.deluxecruises.com", it has the deck plans for the QM2 and the QE2.
Old June 14th, 2005, 11:19 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Obstructed Views? (8063/8065)

Thanks for the input. I have no problem locating a deck plan. I was just looking for someone who may have been familiar with these particular cabins. Deck plans are wonderful, but personal experience is best!
Old June 17th, 2005, 08:12 AM
jjmorse

Default Re: Obstructed Views? (8063/8065)

We just returned from a QM2 trip to the Mediterranean and were in 8070 (obstructed), a few doors down from where you are. The lifeboats/tenders hang directly in your view. You can see in between the lifeboats, and through the openings in the lifeboat windows. We only paid for a oceanview and were upgraded to this room, so we were most happy to have a nice balcony to go out on and lay in the sunshine. The boats do not block the sunshine and they are glass on the bottom portion of the balcony. It was also nice to open your slider and let the fresh air in. Would I have paid the extra money to have this room, probably not. I took a chance and paid for the oceanview only, hearing that the upgrades are usually to the obstructed balcony and it paid off for us. If you definately want the view, then pay a little more for the unobstructed. Just a little note, I would rather has this obstucted room than have the balcony that is more like a cutout in the side of the ship. People complained about these rooms as you actually have to stand up in the window to see the view and don't get full sunshine. We did have a couple of nice days when the tenders were actually down for the day in use, therefore we then had an unobstructed view. Unfortunately, only the tenders come down and the lifeboats stay up, so only the people in the middle of the ship got this chance. Any additional questions?
Old June 18th, 2005, 10:27 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Obstructed Views? (8063/8065)

Thanks for the info!