Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 2nd, 2005, 11:10 PM
Angela 04

Default Daytime Dress

My husband and I are taking the QM2 transatlantic cruise and we wondered what the dress code is during the daytime? Should we leave jeans at home and dress more formally on ship, like dress pants or kakis?
Sponsored Links
Old July 3rd, 2005, 09:15 AM
Familiar Face

Default Re: Daytime Dress

YES. I think you will find that the mode of dress on the transatlantics is more "formal" than on other venues.
Old July 11th, 2005, 02:26 PM
Familiar Face

Default Re: Re: Daytime Dress

Another YES here!

Remember schooling: always dress better than you have to,.
Old July 11th, 2005, 07:02 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Daytime Dress

I didn't see too many jeans. For a May crossing which is cold most wore khakis, dockers, what I would consider a dressy type of casual pant. I wore the slightly tailored slacks I wear for work with a blazer, jacket or sweater. I felt comfortable in my surroundings and comfortable in clothes I'm used to wearing.
Old July 12th, 2005, 05:41 PM
Julia Elzie

Definitely go with the khakis and other dressy casual pants. Crisp collared shirts, cardigans with crisp dress tees would be fine. Take a peek inside the Cunard brochure to see what the models are wearing - the cruise lines give those pictures as a very subtle hint of the type of guest and style of the cruise line. (Several top cruise lines executives have told me that hint over the years.) Cunard is more formal and traditional than the other cruise lines, so err on the side of more dressy than casual.

My very British aunt, who was the daughter of a British diplomat during World War II, always suggested that it was never wrong to be overdressed - people don't think badly of anyone who is more nicely dressed and it is removes the chance of discomfort. Never feel badly about being too dressed for the occasion or the company.

Best Regards,
Julia
Old July 14th, 2005, 09:53 PM
Angela04

Default Re: Re: Daytime Dress

Thanks Julia,

We were just wondering. I also believe that there is nothing wrong with looking good and had planned on dressing up anyway. We are especially looking forward to the evening events.
Old July 18th, 2005, 10:02 AM
tanwooddr

Definitely yes. Just returned from the July 11 westbound crossing. Hardly saw a pair of jeans. You are in for a fabulous trip!!!! Ship, service, food and everything was awsome.Do bring comfortable walking shoes. Ship is so huge that you will be walking "miles" each day. I think by the end of the trip I finally saw most parts of the ship. Wish I was on my way back again>