Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old August 30th, 2005, 08:39 AM
Junior Member
Beginner
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8
Default Exchange Currency on QM2?

Does anyone know if it is possible to exchange a small amount of US Dollars for Pounds Sterling on board the QM2 before disembarking in Southampton? All we need is enough to tide us over until we find an ATM on land.

Thanks!

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old September 9th, 2005, 07:50 AM
jford
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Exchange Currency on QM2?

yes the pursers office will take care of all your monetary needs. exchange rates are posted next to the counter daily. bon voyage
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old September 14th, 2005, 08:33 AM
Junior Member
Beginner
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8
Default

Thanks! We were able to exchange at currency with no problem, but, they do charge a $1 fee per exchange.
Mrs. B
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old September 30th, 2005, 11:00 AM
Em Em is offline
Junior Member
Beginner
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs B
Thanks! We were able to exchange at currency with no problem, but, they do charge a $1 fee per exchange.
Mrs. B
Thanks, Mrs. B...assume this means you have returned from your crossing and were able to exchange dollars for pounds at a nominal fee of $1.

Is this correct?

Hope you had a good time.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old September 30th, 2005, 02:43 PM
Junior Member
Beginner
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8
Default

Yes, Em, that is correct. Of course, as it turned out, we didn't need to use any of the money until we got to London, in which case, there are ATMs (with usually the best exchange rate) abounding (altho there are typically fees associated with this, too, depending on your bank).

Yes, we had an excellent time; absolutely loved the QM2 and will hope to get back on board her sometime soon!

Mrs B
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old October 1st, 2005, 08:00 AM
Em Em is offline
Junior Member
Beginner
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs B
Yes, Em, that is correct. Of course, as it turned out, we didn't need to use any of the money until we got to London, in which case, there are ATMs (with usually the best exchange rate) abounding (altho there are typically fees associated with this, too, depending on your bank).

Yes, we had an excellent time; absolutely loved the QM2 and will hope to get back on board her sometime soon!

Mrs B
Thanks so much, Mrs B. I hope your next QM2 experience comes earlier than you expect!

Em
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old October 31st, 2005, 04:31 PM
Junior Member
Passenger
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 15
Default Re: Exchange Currency on QM2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs B
Does anyone know if it is possible to exchange a small amount of US Dollars for Pounds Sterling on board the QM2 before disembarking in Southampton? All we need is enough to tide us over until we find an ATM on land.

Thanks!
yes the pursers office will handle that for you i think there is a small fee perhaps $1.00usd and the exchange rates are posted daily
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
converter, currency, daily, dollar, exchange, money, mybb, past, place, pound, powered, rates, vbulletin, week

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Currency Exchange Problems Oldsalt Ask CruiseMates Staff 3 August 19th, 2009 02:18 PM
currency exchange Davo European & Mediterranean Destinations 3 June 1st, 2008 08:19 AM
Currency Exchange jaspersmycat Ask CruiseMates Staff 2 May 25th, 2007 09:25 AM
Onboard currency exchange npoitras Celebrity 3 August 24th, 2004 06:48 PM
CURRENCY EXCHANGE ON LINE MCO Ask CruiseMates Staff 1 July 23rd, 2001 07:19 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:01 AM.
design by: Themes by Design

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1