Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 17th, 2005, 11:42 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default QM2 Service

Having sailed the QM2 during her inaugural season from New York to the Caribbean and having read post's of service issues on the ship,especially in regards to dining room service in the Brittania restaurant, I was wondering if anyone who has sailed QM2 and sailed her again recently notice any changes for the better or are things the same.

I cannont believe that Carnival having spent all the money that they did on the ship would allow the ship to operate with poor service. I and my fellow cruisers who sailed the QM2 all agreed we had better service on Carnival ships we were on plus the food on Carnival we all thought was much better.
Sponsored Links
Old September 18th, 2005, 10:45 PM
Familiar Face

We were on the QM2 in March 2004 to the Caribbean and again in May 2004, coming back from the tandem crossing and most of the reports I have read since then have been complimentary as far as the food and service in the Britannia dining room. Hope this puts your mind at ease?
Old September 19th, 2005, 12:16 AM
Welcome Newcomer

I was thinking more along the lines of someone who sailed the inaugural season last year and than sailed QM2 again this year,any responses greatly appreciated.
Old September 19th, 2005, 11:02 AM
Passenger

NJMatt,

We sailed QM2 in July 2004, adored the ship but there were definitely some service issues particularly in the Britannia Restaurant. We returned this past March 9, 2005 for an 8-day Caribbean Voyage and I was very pleased to experience a 360-degree turnaround in all of the service areas.

The Britannia service was top notch, very attentive. I also felt the quality of the food had greatly improved and ranked on a close par with the standard in Caronia aboard QE2. The Golden Lion Pub was a great alternative for lunch and equally fine service. Kings Court is still a bit chaotic especially during peak hours. However, there is talk this lido area will be refurbished during the QM2's refit in November.

The ship has been streamlined in all facets, the staff is very friendly. I think you would be very pleased should you decide to return for a QM2 Voyage. We can barely wait to be back aboard this fabulous vessel on January 3, 2006.

Cruiserking