Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 3rd, 2005, 05:43 PM
Passenger

Default QM2 - January 3, 2006

Who else will be aboard for this 12-day voyage to Panama and the Caribbean including a maiden call at Costa Rica?

Look forward to discussing this upcoming adventure and perhaps plan to meet for a drink in the Chart Room.

Cruiserking
Sponsored Links
Old October 22nd, 2005, 12:54 PM
Beginner

Hi Cruiseking,
I am on the Jan 3rd QM2 cruise... looking forward to it. Have you cruised QM2 before? I did Jan 29th of this year... it was great.
Have you had other replies to your posting?
Tell me more about your cruising etc. etc.
Hannelore
Old October 23rd, 2005, 01:58 PM
Passenger

Hannelnore,

Nice to hear from somebody else aboard for this journey. I have received several responses from a different cruise forum. We are planning to meet for drinks at 2 pm in the Chart Room on the first sea day.

This will be my third trip aboard QM2. A friend of mine and I sailed her for the Independence Cruise in 2004. Last March my girlfriend and I were aboard for an 8-day Caribbean trip.

She is a beautiful ship. I love all of her public rooms particularly the Commodore Club and the Chart Room. Also a great fan of the Queens Room. Have you experienced afternoon tea. A very opulent affair especially enhanced with the accompaniment of a string quartet.

I sailed the QE2 for the first time in many years in 2003, Caronia Class, I think the food and service in Britannia ranks a very close second. What sort of cabin do you have for this trip? We are up on deck 11 once again.

I love to stroll down to the observation deck in the wee hours and watch QM2 as she silently steams into port. It is quite a sight as twinkling lights beam from a nearby island underneath an inky black sky.

What other cruises have you taken? What are your QM2 experiences? Our maiden call to Costa Rica should be exciting. Come join us in the Chart Room for drinks.

Cruiserking