Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 15th, 2005, 08:42 AM
Passenger

Default Is formal evening required on Queen Mary?

I think we'll be sailing in May or June. While I love the idea of formal evening, the reality of bringing that much clothing just isn't going to happen for us (family of 7, sailing while between homes). There are other alternatives for eating on those nights, aren't there?

Thanks!
Sandy
Sponsored Links
Old December 19th, 2005, 08:55 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Is formal evening required on Queen Mary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandyone
I think we'll be sailing in May or June. While I love the idea of formal evening, the reality of bringing that much clothing just isn't going to happen for us (family of 7, sailing while between homes). There are other alternatives for eating on those nights, aren't there?

Thanks!
Sandy
yes there are several casual dining choices available. however a dark suit and tie would allow you to enjoy the fine dining which most people would agree is a major part of the qm2 experience. go enjoy bonvoyage
Old December 24th, 2005, 11:24 PM
Passenger

Default You should not have to miss the formal nights..

I would suggest bringing on one light weight, easy to pack evening/cocktail dress per family member and wearing it to all of the formal nights. Certainly, you have space for one formal outfit each right!!??

I am facing the same struggle on a longer Cunard sailing this winter as I have hectic pre cruise and post cruise travel. So... I am packing a wardrobe for a 1 week cruise and repeating it every week.

Happy Sailings!!
Old March 3rd, 2006, 05:13 AM
Beginner

Default Formal wear

The key for ladies wishing to save packing space is dressy separates, eg long dressy skirt, floaty dressy trousers (pants in America) and two or three sparkly/dressy tops, and swop them around.
Old March 3rd, 2006, 09:25 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Is formal evening required on Queen Mary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandyone

Thanks!
Sandy
yes there is always casual ding available as well as room service. but i do believe taking advantage of the formal evening is really a major part of sailing on the qm2 or the qe2 enjoy bonvoyage
Old March 3rd, 2006, 04:18 PM
Beginner

Default Elegant dining

I have to agree that the whole Queen Mary 2 experience is about elegance and glamour. I took minimal clothing on my cruise for evening wear. I took 1 pair of black pants and a sequined top with sandals for the formal evening. You don't have to pack tuxedos and evening gowns, you can get by with a dark suit & tie for the gentleman and black slacks & blouse for lady or packable dress for the lady. Once you get onboard you will want to spend the evening in the dining room, bars, theater & Queens lounge, you don't want to spend the evening in khakis & t shirt. I took my girlfriend who wears t shirts & slacks all the time. She brought black slacks & a black lace top that looked appropriate for the formal night. Bon voyage.
Old March 4th, 2006, 03:33 PM
First Mate

We will be on a short 4 day Labor Day cruise to Halifax. How many formal nights will there be & are the other nights semi formal or casual? Prior cruises are with Royal & Celeb so any guidance will be helpful.
Old March 10th, 2006, 09:40 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcat
We will be on a short 4 day Labor Day cruise to Halifax. How many formal nights will there be & are the other nights semi formal or casual? Prior cruises are with Royal & Celeb so any guidance will be helpf ul.
IWOULD THINK 1 FORMAL AND 2 CASUAL(thats 4 days 3 nites right??) the first and last nites have always been casual due to packing and unpacking< bonvoyage