Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 23rd, 2006, 11:28 PM
Passenger

Default QM2- Is It All That and More

Hi, We are thinking of going on the QM2 this fall and would like some info. From what I read the comments are a mix bag. I am not one who frowns upon Faux marble/wood etc.. and the like, but would like to know about the service and rooms. It seems alot of complants were about the service, and the lack of. Any info you can give would be helpful

Thanks
GS
Sponsored Links
Old January 24th, 2006, 02:57 AM
Passenger

Default Times have changed

It seems that the service complaints were just from the newness of the ship. All of the more recent reviews I have read have been marvelous.

Right now, there is trouble in paradise aboard the QM2, but I think that is more because the passengers are disappointed and frustrated and acting poorly. It will be interesting to see what comes of it.

Sandy
Old January 24th, 2006, 01:21 PM
Passenger

Default Re: QM2- Is It All That and More

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcnygs
Hi, We are thinking of going on the QM2 this fall and would like some info. From what I read the comments are a mix bag. I am not one who frowns upon Faux marble/wood etc.. and the like, but would like to know about the service and rooms. It seems alot of complants were about the service, and the lack of. Any info you can give would be helpful

Thanks
GS
my wife and i sailed on the qm-2 for 8 nites april 2005 we were upgraded to a p-grill cabin and the cruise was just wonderfull dont listen to these nay sayers the service food and general ambiance could not have been better no mateer whci cabin grade you are in!! bon boyage
Old January 25th, 2006, 01:56 PM
First Mate

I have not experienced the ship but a friend took one of the intital trips & was very impressed with it. Saw a TV report this morning that pax on present trip are not very happy campers--they are missing ports etc....did not get the while story but sure it will get posted here.
Old January 25th, 2006, 02:16 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcat
I have not experienced the ship but a friend took one of the intital trips & was very impressed with it. Saw a TV report this morning that pax on present trip are not very happy campers--they are missing ports etc....did not get the while story but sure it will get posted here.
go to cruisecritic.com for 7 pages of messages regarding'MUTINY ON THE MARY' it a hoot!!!
Old January 26th, 2006, 09:43 AM
Admiral

CruiseMates has just updated it's Queen Mary 2 review, which may help you. Based on feedback I've received from cruisers who have sailed recently, the service is quite good. Not outstanding, but efficient and dependable. The food has also improved. Regarding cabins, they are quite large and well equipped, even in the lower categories.

The big difference is the ship's size. I don't recommend QM 2 for cruises because in most ports you'll have to use tenders since the ship is too big for most piers outside a few in the US and UK. And, it's a lot of work to get on and off this ship because of her size. But for six luxuriating days at sea, there is no better vessel.
www.cruisingfromnewyork.com/
Cruise news, bargains, tips and commentary.
Old January 26th, 2006, 01:49 PM
Beginner

In summary, my wife and I have very high standards. We cruised on the QM2 in November 2004 and May 2005. We are on the cruise to Hawaii next month. We have found the experiences to be wonderful, the ship itself, staff, service, and food.

Karen & Ken Thomas
Old February 6th, 2006, 01:43 PM
First Mate

guess we will see firsthand--booked a short cruise over Labor day weekend just to experience the ship
Old February 7th, 2006, 10:32 AM
Cruise Maniac

I did a crossing last May and had absolutely no complaints. A group of us had met via the boards and got together several times while on board. on the last day at sea I asked the group if they agreed with the negative comments we had all read. We were in total agreement that we must be on another ship because they couldn't understand any of the negativity.