Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 26th, 2006, 09:22 AM
Passenger

Default Kids on QM2

Anyone brought kids onboard QM2? I will have my 8 year old with me and can't remember if the Kid Zone is free or if there is a daily charge? Also, will be on for Easter as we are sailing out the day before. Any special things for kids since the QM2 is not really geared for kids? He is just happy to be sailing with Mom and Nana, so it is not big deal if there aren't any Easter festivities. It's more for my knowledge.
Sponsored Links
Old February 26th, 2006, 10:05 PM
Beginner

Default Kids and QM2

We were on the QM2 this past week with 2 children 6 and 9. They enjoyed "The Zone" which is great for kids of all ages. They will care for kids from 1 on up and have an excellent staff. They had ship tours, scavenger hunt, shows, movies, games, crafts and more. Our kids have been with us on Holland America in the past and they never wanted to leave their "Kids Club" and the QM2 did not dissapoint them either. The only dissapointment, to them anyway, was the lack of snacks. Holland america had veggied to snack on and other "fun foods".
Old February 27th, 2006, 08:35 AM
Passenger

Is there a charge for the Kids Zone? Should I send my son with a snack and drink.....like at school? Thanks for the information.
Old February 27th, 2006, 01:41 PM
Beginner

Default Kids on QM2

There is no charge for the kid zone yet, I do not know if they allow snacks to be brought in. They have a couple of breaks through the day that you have to pick up your children. During those breaks, we had lunch with them or, on the evening break, we brought them to the kids buffet where they have burgers, hot dogs, pizza and all sorts of other fun foods....veggies and the like too. They also have ice cream cones and fruit. The evening programs start at 6 or 8 depending on the age group which allows for a quiet dinner. Our kids prefer their dinner choices at the kids buffet so, works out for an adults dinner.
Old February 27th, 2006, 09:32 PM
Passenger

Thanks for the info
Laura