Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 13th, 2006, 10:43 PM
First Mate

Default QM 2 labor Day

Is anyone else signed up for this trip--
Sponsored Links
Old July 10th, 2006, 09:47 PM
Beginner

Hi,

My husband & I will be taking this cruise to Halifax in Sept with a group of friends ( most of whom are interested in ballroom dancing).
It will be our first experience in cruising and we are looking forward to this experience.
Old July 11th, 2006, 09:33 PM
First Mate

there is an informal group chatting on the cc board--nothing official but there will be a sail away party etc. you can join in there if you'd like--it's under roll calls..It appears there will be two balls so your group should have plenty of dance time! We will look forward to watching you. We are experienced cruisers on Royal carib & celeb but never with Cunard. We are looking forward to it..see you on board!
Old July 12th, 2006, 11:40 PM
Beginner

Hi,

Uh Oh!!! I am afraid I must ask you to translate your post for us. What does cc signify? Where is the sail away party and what exactly is it? and what is roll call ( except of course the elementary school obvious)

So sorry to appear so befuddled.

Adrienne
Old July 15th, 2006, 07:09 PM
First Mate

Hi Adrienne--sorry to be so jargon oriented. The cc stands for another message board about cruising called cruise critic--if you go to that website there is a roll call--meaning those on a particular sailing join the same thread of the board & communicate.(they also have roll calls on this site but no one has signed up for the roll call for QM 2 that I have found yet) For the labor Day trip there are two informal get togethers planned which will involve cocktails, name tags & meeting those you "talked to" on the board in person... if you or your friends are interested go to that board in the roll call section. Maria is the lady organizing us--she is an experienced Cunard cruiser--we are on that line for the first time. If not we'll look for you dancing at the two balls!