Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 26th, 2006, 10:54 AM
Passenger

Send a message via ICQ to IRIS Send a message via AIM to IRIS Send a message via MSN to IRIS Send a message via Yahoo to IRIS
Default PARKING IN RED HOOK

How is the parking in RED HOOK, Brooklyn? What is the per day charge to park a car... Thanks for any advice!
Old June 26th, 2006, 12:14 PM
Admiral

To the south of the terminal is open short-term and long term parking for up to 594 cars is available for visitors and passengers. The last that I have is that the daily parking rate is $18.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old June 26th, 2006, 01:49 PM
First Mate

Do you know if they offer advance res? The cost for a four day trip for us would be much less than two limo trips from LI--maybe we should think about this...will look for a port website...unless someone out there already has one..
Old June 26th, 2006, 02:41 PM
Admiral

They recommend a limo or taxi to Red Hook as there is not much parking there. No advance reservations. First come first served.

http://www.inredhook.com/cruises.htm Here is one; there are plenty more.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old June 27th, 2006, 10:11 AM
First Mate

Additionally, I'm not real confident that a car left overnight in a parking lot in Brooklyn would be there upon my return! At least not in any condition which would resemble what was originally driven into Brooklyn.

Queen Mary 2, Canada

Enchantment, Western Carribbean

Century, Caribbean

Century, Western Mediterranean

Jewel, Eastern Caribbean
Old June 27th, 2006, 12:52 PM
Admiral

I would leave the Bently at home and take the Ford.

That area of Bklyn is pretty well spruced up. I would not be afraid of leaving a car there (if you can find a spot). Now if you don't, go to one of the parking garages and maybe you might get lucky.

That is why they recommend a limo or taxi.

Old June 28th, 2006, 09:35 AM
Passenger

Send a message via ICQ to IRIS Send a message via AIM to IRIS Send a message via MSN to IRIS Send a message via Yahoo to IRIS

Thanks for all your advice...The July 4th cruise is completely sold out...I was told there is a huge wait list for this cruise. I booked mine over a year ago and received a welcome upgrade....
Old June 28th, 2006, 09:24 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Shark
They recommend a limo or taxi to Red Hook as there is not much parking there. No advance reservations. First come first served.

Unfortunately this website is very out-of-date and hasn't been updated in quite a while. Sad, because it is well constructed and could have been a big help over the official site.

Cabs and parking are much improved...and there is no mention of all the QM2 arrivals and depertures from Cape Liberty.
Old June 29th, 2006, 01:23 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtbobby
Quote:

Unfortunately this website is very out-of-date and hasn't been updated in quite a while. Sad, because it is well constructed and could have been a big help over the official site.

Cabs and parking are much improved...and there is no mention of all the QM2 arrivals and depertures from Cape Liberty.
Cape Liberty? You are in the wrong State and the wrong port. Red Hook is NOT Port Of Bayonne, NJ - Cape Liberty.

And yes, in the link that I provided there are QM2 references for RED HOOK.

Old June 29th, 2006, 02:48 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtbobby
Quote:

Cape Liberty? You are in the wrong State and the wrong port. Red Hook is NOT Port Of Bayonne, NJ - Cape Liberty.

And yes, in the link that I provided there are QM2 references for RED HOOK.
Huh?? QM2's 9/24 TA crossing arrives at Cape Liberty...Bayonne! And the 9/30 Canada cruise (with us on it ) departs and returns to Cape Liberty...not Red Hook! My point was that almost everything on that webpage seemed to be written before Red Hook opened, and before Crown Princess' arrival modified many arrivals and departures.
Old June 29th, 2006, 03:09 PM
Admiral

Default The Tread Title is "PARKING IN RED HOOK"

Dod you notice the thread title?

Why would a Red Hook site provide any info for Cape Liberty?

Old June 29th, 2006, 03:26 PM
Passenger

I live in Queens (the borough next to Brooklyn) and I would definitely take a cab to Red Hook. Besides not have a lot of free spots - you'll have to worry about alternate side of the street parking, etc. And parking lots down there are getting a little pricey (especially when they feel they can charge Manhattan $).

So take a cab, or have a friend drop you.

Cheryl

Celebrity Horizon '92
Norweign Dawn '07
"hoping for a lot more!!"