CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Cunard (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cunard/)
-   -   QM2 San Fran to Sydney - Feb 2007, Aussie Mum and daughter (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/cunard/317161-qm2-san-fran-sydney-feb-2007-aussie-mum-daughter.html)

leeanner July 14th, 2006 08:03 AM

QM2 San Fran to Sydney - Feb 2007, Aussie Mum and daughter

Would love to make contact with people before we sail.
My 12 year old and I are sailing on our holiday of a lifetime. We would really like to know some people before we board , purley friends , older couples that may wish to enjoy some Aussie company for dinner , maybe other single parents that are doing the same. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We are great fun and really excited about our adventure. We live in Sydney Australia.

Therapst July 25th, 2006 08:45 PM

Re: QM2 San Fran to Sydney - Feb 2007, Aussie Mum and daught

Quote:

Originally Posted by leeanner
Would love to make contact with people before we sail.
My 12 year old and I are sailing on our holiday of a lifetime. We would really like to know some people before we board , purley friends , older couples that may wish to enjoy some Aussie company for dinner , maybe other single parents that are doing the same. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We are great fun and really excited about our adventure. We live in Sydney Australia.

Hi leeanner. Mary and I are booked for the full world cruise on the QM2, and therefore we will be sailing with you from San Francisco to Sydney. We've never sailed with Cunard before so in several ways this voyage will be a very new experience.

And since we're in our mid-50s, I guess we qualify as an "older couple." :wink:

Cheers!

Randy & Mary

leeanner July 31st, 2006 08:36 AM

G'day , we are absolutley delighted Randy that you made contact , my only previous cruise was with Carnival Pride , LA to Mexico.
I have been bitten by the bug , there is a whole world out there and my little one and I are gonna see as much as we can.
Im very jelous you are on the world tour , but we will make the most of the short trip we have on this most magnificent Ship.
I cant wait to dress our best for dinner and just enjoy the ambience , oh and the company , the food , the entertainment , perhaps even a cocktail before dinner.

Did you know we sail into Sydney Harbour , the same day as the QE2 , the harbour will be not only as beautiful as ever but very very busy!
Ive done the virtual tour of the QM2 and think I know it like the back of my hand already , sounds like you have travelled before ?
Any tips , the weather in San Francisco cold ?
What to do in Pagp Pago , so many questions , perhaps we should just leave this to fate.

I assume your from Amercia Randy / Mary ?
Would be very happy to exchange personal emails if you wish.
Sincerely,
Lee-Anne and Maddison.

Therapst July 31st, 2006 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leeanner
G'day , we are absolutley delighted Randy that you made contact , my only previous cruise was with Carnival Pride , LA to Mexico.
I have been bitten by the bug , there is a whole world out there and my little one and I are gonna see as much as we can.
Im very jelous you are on the world tour , but we will make the most of the short trip we have on this most magnificent Ship.
I cant wait to dress our best for dinner and just enjoy the ambience , oh and the company , the food , the entertainment , perhaps even a cocktail before dinner.

Did you know we sail into Sydney Harbour , the same day as the QE2 , the harbour will be not only as beautiful as ever but very very busy!
Ive done the virtual tour of the QM2 and think I know it like the back of my hand already , sounds like you have travelled before ?
Any tips , the weather in San Francisco cold ?
What to do in Pagp Pago , so many questions , perhaps we should just leave this to fate.

I assume your from Amercia Randy / Mary ?
Would be very happy to exchange personal emails if you wish.
Sincerely,
Lee-Anne and Maddison.

Hi Lee-Anne and Maddison,

Great to hear from you! Yes, we live in Florida in the U.S. We would be happy to exchange email addresses. I THINK you can click on the Email button below this message to send an email, but I'm not very familiar with this board.

We are aware that the QM2 and QE2 plan to "meet up" in Sydney Harbour. I read on another board that the QE2 will be docking at Circular Quay, while the QM2 will be docked at a Naval shipyard nearby. I think they plan to meet when it's time for QM2 to depart in the evening. Knowing how beautiful the Quay is anyway, this should be a terrific event.

We have cruised a fair amount, but never with Cunard, so we are very much looking forward to being onboard the QM2. As to San Francisco in "our" winter, it can be cold, so perhaps plan to "layer" clothes just in case.

Please do email and we look forward to getting to know you and then meeting you on QM2!

Randy and Mary

SamG November 1st, 2006 06:22 PM

Leeanner,

My wife and I (we are in our mid 70's) are sailing from SF to Fort Laud.
We like the QM2 very much and have sailed on her 36 days since she was built. I'm sure that you and your daughter will have a great time and I look forward to meeting you on board. This will be our first time to cross the equator. Happy sailing and it's not to far off now.

Sam & Catherine

MayMayMay November 13th, 2006 03:14 PM

LOL

Hello Leeanner

Unfortunately im not travelling on this cruise, just thought i had to tell you of my passed cruise when my daughter was 11, and the wonderful time she had on board, she soon made friends with a girl of around her age, they met at the pool and from that moment on they was ringing each other from there state rooms meeting up in mid ship lobby, and they were off to explore the ship, occasionally when we caught up!, we had to listen to all activites she and her new found friend had done. Also the dinner waiter set them there very own little two seater table in the restaurant, much to there delight. and by the end of the cruise they had become master at the dances in the ballroom.

She was happy, we were happy.
Fabulous memories.

Have a great time

MayMayMay

Cunarder2003 November 14th, 2006 04:05 AM

If you're going to be in San Francisco for a few days before the cruise, drop me a line. I am sailing with you to Sydney and would be happy to show you a bit of The City before the trip. I'm a single male 42, so in some circles that makes me older, too...(sigh) It would be delightful to make your accquaintaince.

Do dress in layers if you're going to be here and bring an umbrella. It is cold and wet during February.