Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 25th, 2006, 10:57 AM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to BillVas
Default Traveling alone, inside cabin or outside cabin with window?

I am traveling alone and will be crusiing in June to England and back via QM2. What information can you all tell me and would you save money by just booking an inside cabin or is it worth the extra money to buy a cabin with either portholes or even a balcony???
Bill Vasilion
Sponsored Links
Old December 25th, 2006, 02:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

I'll be on the ship in June also. What dates are you going?
I had an inside two years ago and it all depends on how much time you spend in the cabin. I don't like the fact you wake up and have no idea whether it's day or night.
I had an in-hull or premium balcony for 24 days last Sept. I loved it!! I was able to sit out most days on the crossings and enjoyed going out late in the evening to see the stars. It was also nice to sit on the sofa in front of the balcony doors because of the light.
I also checked out oceanview cabins on deck 4. They are huge! The balcony space is part of your room but the beds block access to the window. If you have the queen-size bed configuration then the bed is below the window. If you have them split to twins the bedside tables and lamps are under the window. So you either have to kneel on the bed to look out or lean over the lamps. It makes the room bright but there's not much view.
Linda