Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 9th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Debarkation from QM2 @ Brooklyn Terminal

What method of transport would be the quickest after debarkation from the Brooklyn Terminal to Penn Station ?? I hear that cab lines are horribly long.... If I carry my own luggage off the ship can I avoid that situation??
Sponsored Links
Old May 11th, 2008, 12:38 AM
Passenger

There's another recent post on here about this matter -- check it out. I would never again debark Brooklyn without having a sedan and driver booked to pick us up -- it was a hellish situation and that would solve the problem. Self-carry luggage is unnecessary, btw.

Tom

Free Cruise Clocks
Old May 11th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Beginner

Actually, I didn't have a problem, was one of the first to debark and caught a town car to Penn Station...left ship at 6:45am and got to Penn Station around 7:30...but again, I was one of the first to get off the ship. I have another cruise scheduled in a couple of weeks - so I'm hoping I will have a similar experience.

Good Luck!
Old May 11th, 2008, 11:09 PM
Familiar Face

My wife and I were on a cruise the first couple of weeks in February. We were one of the first to disembark (self disembarkation). We found a cab right away to midtown Manhattan.
Old May 26th, 2008, 11:50 PM
Beginner

After several unsatisfactory arrivals at Red Hook seeking a cab or a car, we finally found the reliable Magic Limo (877/926-2442), and they supply a car and driver to midtown Manhattan for about $77. If you don't reserve a car ahead of time, you'll have a long wait for taxis. Good luck.
Old May 27th, 2008, 01:24 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

This is good information. I was just there last week but we also had a car service ready for us. Just Google "New York Car Service" or go to this website: http://www.citidex.com/899.htm

Be sure to scroll all the way down the page - through "TelAviv Car & Limo" - that happens to be the service we always used when I lived in the city simply because we found them to be very reliable.

You will see there are many car services in NYC (it is a city where few people own cars). Prices should be pretty standard, also.

I suspect that if you planned to get off later, say 10:30 or 11:00, that there would be a trickle of taxis from the early arrivals of people coming aboard. By 1:00 it is the opposite, nothing but taxis and no riders.