Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 5th, 2008, 08:31 AM
Familiar Face

Default Smoking on the QE2

We have recently returned from QE2 the Iberia in Bloom trip and were very surprised to see that smoking was allowed in the Golden Lion - as my husband Ron and I like to enter the quiz's (which are always held in the this area) we were extremely disappointed to find smoking allowed (and they serve food in there !!).

Cunard seem to be behind the times with their smoking policy - for their cliients and staff to have to work in a horrible smokey environment is unneccessary and out dated - as it was put to me by a member of the crew 'the smokers can hang over the side if they want to have a drag,

My Ron went to our cabin each evening smelling like an old ashtray.
(he doesn't seems to mind smelling of Guinness and cheap aftershave)

Cynthia
Sponsored Links
Old June 15th, 2008, 05:04 AM
Familiar Face

Hi Friends,

I would like to add that although smoking was allowed in the Golden Lion and it had an adverse effect on my Ron's enjoyment it did not take anything away from a really excellent cruise - so we are hoping to arrange another trip before the ship retires from service later this year - Ron says he will dig out his old WW2 Gas Mask for the quiz competitions in the Golden Lion - Silly Old ***

Love
Cynthia

QE2
Queen Mary 2
St Claire
and many other too numerous to mention
(some not worth mentioning)
Old June 23rd, 2008, 04:04 PM
Beginner

Hi Cyn,

Couldn't agree more - I have written to Cunard about this problem and although they are sympathetic they tell me they must make provision for smokers - but surely they could designate an outside area for this purpose and provide umbrellas when the weather is wet.

I see your Ron still has his sense of humour - I regularly tell the story of the night in the Queens Court during the Royal Ascot Ball when he was walking his horse around dressed as Eliza Doolittle singing 'I could have danced all night'

See you soon

Fried Eggs
Old October 19th, 2008, 02:47 PM
Familiar Face

Fried Eggs

We are booked to travel next year on the cruise to Norway (June 09) Norman would like the old gang (plus any new members) to get together on this cruise - Sara and Tom and Gunhild and Wilhelm are already booked. Norman is proposing a viking theme - are you able to join us.

My daughter Coral is still single and looking forward to meeting you again - I think she still has feelings for you (ha ha) remember the night in the Golden Lion during the Karaoke when you and Coral were singing 'Your the one that I want' absolutely fantastic !!

Best wishes

Cynthia