Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 27th, 2008, 02:06 PM
Beginner

Default Splendours of Autumn - QM2 question

I am considering the Splendours of Autumn on the QM2 and am wondering if anyone has also taken this trip and can share his/her opinion. I've mainly cruised in the Caribbean, so this will be my first cruise to New England/Canada. As the trip will be during the last week of October, what kind of temperatures will I face? Are the rooms with balconies worthwhile on this type of trip considering the Atlantic is much harsher than the Caribbean waters and the temperatures I'm assuming will be much colder?

Thanks so much
Sponsored Links
Old July 29th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

I cruised last year on Princess and that time of year it can be quite cool (cold) especially out on deck.
The colours will be past peak. You also run into the situation that past mid-October it is the end of tourist season and some attractions, etc. are closed or on limited hours.
I advised friends I cruised with to dress in layers.
You can have a great time - you're on the QM2 - need I say more but be warned that it could be cold and less options will be available.