Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Cunard
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 3rd, 2009, 03:22 AM
Familiar Face

Default Affordable hotel near Brooklyn Cruise Terminal?

Hello, I'm booked on the QM2 out of New York in July, will be arriving at Penn Station, and want to spend the night at a hotel because I'll be getting in too late that day. Does anyone know of a decent but affordable hotel not too far from either Penn Station or the Cruise terminal? Thanks so much, Sylvia
Sponsored Links
Old February 4th, 2009, 12:35 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Either way you will need a taxi to get from Penn Station to the Pier. I think I would just use Priceline or some other Hotel site to book one.
Old February 8th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Familiar Face

Hi Sylvia,
I usually stay with family in NYC, but I have some experience with hotels. My suggestion is that you look at Orbitz and then be very careful to check TripAdvisor for reviews. Especially in NYC, hotels that look good on paper are sometimes downright scary!

BTW, I have my cabin-mate for the eastbound on the 19th (someone from my univ, in fact), but am still looking for a roommate for the return on 24 July if you hear of anyone!

If I can be of any help re hotel assessment, let e know. I know NYC very well!
Best,
Sarah
Old February 25th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Cruise Maniac

If you book at hotel in the lower part of Mahattan, often the price is about $100 - $200 less.. I would stick with a major chain if you are unfamiliar with NYC as you will usually have more recourse if something is not to your liking.

I used to work at the Novotel in NYC and it is a great and safe hotel-the staff are friendly and helpful but the rates now are even out of my price range!
Old February 25th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Familiar Face

Thanks for the tip. I've actually found an affordable hotel in the meantime, it's not too far from Penn Station where I'l be arriving, and has good reviews on TripAdvisor and elsewhere. It's the Comfort Inn Times Square, and I got a good price on it using hotels.com. Sylvia